OFFICIAL: 2015.5 (2015i) Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRT8_HMI

Reaction score
Just drive a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8...then drive a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with their 8-speed automatic. BIGGGGG difference....

Read the reviews....everything else is status quo; only the transmission changed.

Well said. Except when Jeep did the refresh they brought forward a refreshed front fascia, instrument cluster which is reconfigurable, an 8.4 NAV unit, and new tail lights are rear brow. I think GM does this intentionally. It reminds me of what Apple does with the iPhone. If people will buy a new mediocre product why give them your best product right out of the gate.

Niner

Reaction score
I went in yesterday to finally get one of these beasts built. I spoke with the new car manager at the dealership. Nice guy and all. When we sat down to build the vehicle on the gm workbench, I was surprised to see that there was not an option for the 8-speed transmission. They still had it listed as the 6-speed transmission.

He also stated that I would need to come back on friday or saturday as that was when his dealership's ordering window would open. He seemed confident about getting the order placed and I didn't get the feeling he was giving me the run around. I attached the build sheet that he printed out.

He stated that he was not entirely sure why the 8-speed did not show up on the sheet and said that it may be different when we actually do the ordering on friday. Does this make sense or can someone shed some light on this?

Attachments

• IMG_1210.jpg
    IMG_1210.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 25

gravitypad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Niner - tried to reply to your PM but didn't have enough forum posts yet.

I ordered it from Kirkland GMC. I ordered it at the end of June. When I placed the order, I knew there were two orders in front of me that hadn't yet been allocated. By August my order still hadn't been picked up and I was getting concerned. That's when I started hearing about the 2015i. Mid-August I was told my order had been allocated and it was converted to the 2015i. In the end, it probably will have been 4-5 months, but I'm glad it took a while longer so I get the 8-speed. And I'm not in a huge rush to get a new vehicle so I was able to wait.

Josh is my salesman there and David is the internet sales manager. Both were great to work with (so far).

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well said. Except when Jeep did the refresh they brought forward a refreshed front fascia, instrument cluster which is reconfigurable, an 8.4 NAV unit, and new tail lights are rear brow. I think GM does this intentionally. It reminds me of what Apple does with the iPhone. If people will buy a new mediocre product why give them your best product right out of the gate.

I doubt it was intentional. I just think they were completely unprepared and they had no other option other than to go ahead with what they could build at the time. Advertising was in place, the car show circuit was running.. They simply could not put a stop to what was already in motion.
This usually does not happen. It really does screw over the guys who bought an early model by not giving them the best product out of the gate.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065