Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick Q cause the tails are getting here today ..,.

They're supposed to be 'plug and play' ... is installing them as easy as unscrewing the couple of philips head screws inside the liftgate and popping them out or is there more to it than that? :think:

The harness unplugs and it's just behind the bumper. You'll have to get on the ground to see it but it's very easy and straight forward. Then there's two phillips head screws to unscrew and the taillight should come out. You may have to use a little bit of force (not much but a little) cuz there are some "studs" from the assy that go into the body (rear quarter) that sometimes don't wanna come out.

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felix, I assure you I'm on CL everyday looking for a black Esky/Nali rear bumper assy. :)

But for now I'm actually quite please with the strip ... it fits perfectly on my step pad.

Hahha I bet you are. The hitch cover, step pad, and chrome trim were three of the hardest items for me to hunt down... Rear bumper covers are everywhere and can be fixed with ease. The rest you have to find new or in virtually mint condish to be satisfied with it... I actually had to buy a second chrome trim bc mine had a scratch in the first one.

The problem is it lies on TOP of the step pad which makes it "stick out". The esky chrome trim is flush with the bumper and step pad and is way thicker then the "stick on" chrome trim that you can by but at the same time, keeping the flush/clean/sleek look.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what the plug in looks like and it's at both rear corners of your ride...
d4c4a004.jpg
54ce64cf.jpg

Then the screws should be real easy to get to once you open the rear gate...
c2d00551.jpg

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kk ... I wasn't as precise in my 'mock up' this time but you get the idea:

picture.php

picture.php

I'm thinking YES ... what say you?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it! :waytogo:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ... I better wait for Felix to chime in tough, who knows how he feels about esky racks? :think:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkohlhof