Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are private ... but for a $29.99 monthly subscription ...

I already subscribed to her site, just wanted the other guys to get a sample. Ya know, advertise a lil?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already subscribed to her site, just wanted the other guys to get a sample. Ya know, advertise a lil?

Okayz ...

Btw, she wants you to stop calling and asking for her socks. :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Aaaaanyhoot ... so that's all about hybrid mods. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh ... today's tail light swap was an abject failure. :(

It seems that changing tails on a hybrid isn't as simple as plug and play. Because of the led and regular bulb configuration of the hyhoe tails they have a completely different plug for the top led part, one that isn't compatible with the plugs of regular replacement tails. Plus the hyhoe reverse bulb is bigger than normal and will not fit through the replacement light hole. The latter isn't a big deal cause I could have gotten a new white bulb, but the connection is apparently impossible to make because of the hyhoe stock tail light configuration.

Anyhoot ... I'm bummed.

I might take some pics later or tomorrow to explain better but it looks like someone is about to get a sweet deal on a beautiful set of tails.

As to what I'm going to do about my own, I'm not really sure yet ... I'm going to talk to someone about perhaps 'smoking' them but I'm not sure as it isn't my favorite look.

Ugh!!! :Stupid Me:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sigh ... today's tail light swap was an abject failure. :(

It seems that changing tails on a hybrid isn't as simple as plug and play. Because of the led and regular bulb configuration of the hyhoe tails they have a completely different plug for the top led part, one that isn't compatible with the plugs of regular replacement tails. Plus the hyhoe reverse bulb is bigger than normal and will not fit through the replacement light hole. The latter isn't a big deal cause I could have gotten a new white bulb, but the connection is apparently impossible to make because of the hyhoe stock tail light configuration.

Anyhoot ... I'm bummed.

I might take some pics later or tomorrow to explain better but it looks like someone is about to get a sweet deal on a beautiful set of tails.

As to what I'm going to do about my own, I'm not really sure yet ... I'm going to talk to someone about perhaps 'smoking' them but I'm not sure as it isn't my favorite look.

Ugh!!! :Stupid Me:

Solution: Smoked factory Escalade tails

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solution: Smoked factory Escalade tails

I'm not sure that's gonna work either Felix ... it seems the connection points are completely unique to the hyhoe and no other light will p&p with them. :(

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cough... Cough...

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that's gonna work either Felix ... it seems the connection points are completely unique to the hyhoe and no other light will p&p with them. :(

Ain't nothing that some splicing won't fix. ;)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:banghead: you need to live closer to one of us so that we can come over and get these kinds of things to work for you and show you how do things like splice wire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonpat