Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a bummer.. I did however see a guy selling a Hyhoe on ebay with after market tails once.. Dont know the brand or type but they were def different. Dont take it as an insult, but im sure someone who wrenches and does DIY stuff could manage to get them to work....Send em my way and ill get em working:p

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Here it is:) Maybe that ll help ya or give you some hope!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...56884526QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#ht_722wt_1165

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol bg, i don't take it as an insult ... i'm useless in all things technical, this is a fact, and facts don't insult me. :)

i'm searching for shops around dc that do hid conversions, maybe one of them knows how to rewire these tails.

felix, i realize that the esky ones are great, but these aren't crap either (around $270), so they are worth investigating a resolution. plus if i'm gonna smoke oem leds i won't buy the eskys, i'll just smoke mine ... thereby saving both money and rewiring hassle.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know, i wonder if this is as easy as ordering a stock Tahoe harness and unplugging the Hybrid Tahoe harness underneath and just using the stock harness? It might be worth the attempt Serge??? Post up pics of the Hybrid harness, I'm sure this is what I dealt with when I did the Escalade swap.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol bg, i don't take it as an insult ... i'm useless in all things technical, this is a fact, and facts don't insult me. :)

i'm searching for shops around dc that do hid conversions, maybe one of them knows how to rewire these tails.

felix, i realize that the esky ones are great, but these aren't crap either (around $270), so they are worth investigating a resolution. plus if i'm gonna smoke oem leds i won't buy the eskys, i'll just smoke mine ... thereby saving both money and rewiring hassle.

Check out Re:Vision auto body.. Im sure those guys can get it done for you. They are in Rockville. Or Elite Automotive Repair.. They are in VA...

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay ... so I'm pondering a slightly unusual mod and could use some help and opinions.

First of all let me say that after living with the new running boards for while, I absolutely love them! Imo they really tie the low end of the truck together. Having said that, in an ever worsening ocd condition, I need to make a decision about what to do in regards to the remaining Hybrid specific moldings at the bottom of the wheel arches.

To be honest it actually works with the intentionally bulky boards, and oversized/low front bumper. What I would like to do, and where the ocd kicks in, is trying to remedy what seems to me like a large gap between the boards and the lower frame below the doors.

picture.php

Now, I understand that that's the proper look for them, and quite frankly I was happy (and will remain so) leaving it exactly as is ... but the other day I spotted these:

950-70188.jpg

They are Street Scene urethane side skirts part no. 950-70188

I realize that SS is generally cheap ricer crap and quite frankly I never considered purchasing anything from them ... however I'm asking myself how crappy can a side skirt be after it's painted properly?

The idea would be to remove the little wheel arch moldings and, pending measurement/fitment, install it between the frame and the running boards.

This would achieve a better natural body flow between the low front bumper, continuing to a lower looking frame below the doors, and would all but hide the gap between the frame and the running boards.

I think I'm thinking it through correctly but suspect that I am not. :)

Thoughts?

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what you're getting at here. My first thought is that side skirt would need considerable modification to work for your setup, though. Overall, I like how you're thinking, though, to "complete" the look.

:popcorn:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think carcrz has those on his nbs and bogey has em on his nnbs 'Tahoe SS'. Looks like em at least. They have both replaced their running boards WITH these though... don't know how it'll look with both the side skirt and the 'bulky' running boards though... guess there is only one way to find out (once again!) haha...

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for something to fill the void more streamline, I'd just cut to the chase and go with retractable running boards. Gives you the look of the skirt, but serves as an assisted step when you need to get in. Paint the step to match and be a baller!

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what you're getting at here. My first thought is that side skirt would need considerable modification to work for your setup, though. Overall, I like how you're thinking, though, to "complete" the look.

:popcorn:

Thanks Jacob.

What do you think would make it 'considerable' ... assuming that the skirt fits between the frame and the boards (otherwise the idea is moot), why would it be more difficult than normal? :think:

I think carcrz has those on his nbs and bogey has em on his nnbs 'Tahoe SS'. Looks like em at least. They have both replaced their running boards WITH these though... don't know how it'll look with both the side skirt and the 'bulky' running boards though... guess there is only one way to find out (once again!) haha...

Well, I have to get the exact measurements from Street Scene. My hope is that it will squeeze right between the frame and the boards to hide the gap. If the measurements match ... then yes, I guess we'll find out one way or the other. :)

If you are looking for something to fill the void more streamline, I'd just cut to the chase and go with retractable running boards. Gives you the look of the skirt, but serves as an assisted step when you need to get in. Paint the step to match and be a baller!

That's a negatory fluffybottoms ... :)

The retracts give me the worst of both worlds ... and even bigger gap when down and nothing to make the low end of the frame flow from the low front bumper when up. :Handshake:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a negatory fluffybottoms ... :)

The retracts give me the worst of both worlds ... and even bigger gap when down and nothing to make the low end of the frame flow from the low front bumper when up. :Handshake:

I'm confused... the skirts give the same appearance that the retractable steps do when they are up? The only time they are down are when the doors are open, and unless you ride with the doors open, I don't think you'll have a problem, lol. Maybe you can elaborate some more because I'm not quite getting "it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHKSTR96