Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm confused... the skirts give the same appearance that the retractable steps do when they are up?

That is true ... and if I were thinking about substituting my running boards with the skirts I would indeed go the way you suggest and get the retacts instead.

However that's not what I am proposing ... what I'm thinking is keeping the boards I got (for overall symmetry) AND add the skirts to hide the existing gap (pending fitment confirmation).

Am I making sense? :think:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is true ... and if I were thinking about substituting my running boards with the skirts I would indeed go the way you suggest and get the retacts instead.

However that's not what I am proposing ... what I'm thinking is keeping the boards I got (for overall symmetry) AND add the skirts to hide the existing gap (pending fitment confirmation).

Am I making sense? :think:

Ahhhh! ok, i got it.

With that said...

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be similar to something I would imagine seeing on a truck that rolls south of the Border, if you catch my drift. LOL

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol ...

I dunno bud, those skirts are basically a simple rectangular piece. When painted to match the body paint they would essentially act as a painted minimal valance, emulating the fill of my original solid boards.

It's not like I'm adding the Hot Wheels kit. :)

Why do you think they will look fail?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no matter what you say "it is," the fact of the matter is that its a ground effect with tubular side steps mounted next to them. It's a matter of opinion on how I feel about that, but I think its gaudy. Just my gut reaction sir. :(

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dream pooper! :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, the more I think about this I think the only correct way to do this is something completely custom which would require finding a good fiberglass guy. In the end, what you're trying to do is better 'integrate' you steps with the existing molding right? In order to really do this and do it right you'd need to have a one-off piece fabbed up for you for both sides. Would look killer when done! :waytogo:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm, what a good idea ... thanks bud. :waytogo:

I didn't even think of fiberglas, in fact I didn't even know it was possible. But I don't see why not, maybe even carbon fiber? :think:

Heck, if I'm having stuff custom made I might as well ask them to make me a custom hitch cover.

Off to investigate ... thanks again Jacob.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even a better idea soulsea!!! Probably get an even better deal that way:) there's got to be a good fabricator in your part of the country:waytogo:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a performance mod...and on a hybrid? Probably a waste. Just do a K&N Drop-in. That's all we have on our burban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHKSTR96