Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's a K&N drop in? :think:

And the reason to do it is cause it looks better than the stock situation and apparently sounds great ... what other reasons does one need? :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, your hood is closed, so no one is really gonna check it out except you.

it sounds great under HEAVY throttle, other than that, you don't even know its there.

K&N Drop in is just a plain old K&N replacement filter for the stock airbox. $39

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2 what Supercharged said. You'll save some coin and get about the same gains in return :waytogo:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, your hood is closed, so no one is really gonna check it out except you.

Well, same goes for my undies but I still don't wear costco tidy whities ... and despite all my efforts no one sees those either. But I know the CKs are there just in case. :)

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Are you guys talking about one of these? http://store.hybridcars.com/Air-Filter-p/kan-33-2129.htm

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, same goes for my undies but I still don't wear costco tidy whities ... and despite all my efforts no one sees those either. But I know the CKs are there just in case. :)

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Are you guys talking about one of these? http://store.hybridcars.com/Air-Filter-p/kan-33-2129.htm

Slow down killer... You are comparing an intake to telhe most important piece of clothing for any man, the only piece of clothing that so delicately encases a mans junk. We aren't even in the same wavelength with that comparison!!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:whymewhyme:

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had my truck long enough to check out the powertrain much so I don't know if it has an air flow meter or not. but if it does, anyone know if people have had issues with the oil from a K&N filter messing it up? I've heard of such cases with other cars (usually sports cars). I think it usually happens when people use too much K&N oil after washing them. I don't think it happens with a brand new factory oiled filter.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't had my truck long enough to check out the powertrain much so I don't know if it has an air flow meter or not. but if it does, anyone know if people have had issues with the oil from a K&N filter messing it up? I've heard of such cases with other cars (usually sports cars). I think it usually happens when people use too much K&N oil after washing them. I don't think it happens with a brand new factory oiled filter.

Pretty surrender are oil free k&n filters now. Also, putting on too much oil will mess it up. Go easy on te oil and let it dry and you'll have no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LonewolfMcquade

Latest posts