OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All the rest of the parts arrived yesterday. Gonna work on it starting June 21.

Rest of all the evap parts, water pump, radiator, thermostat in it has less than 1000 miles on it. Alternator, starter, all battery cables and doing the Big 3 at the same time.

After that the tune will be looked at.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the rest of the parts arrived yesterday. Gonna work on it starting June 21.

Rest of all the evap parts, water pump, radiator, thermostat in it has less than 1000 miles on it. Alternator, starter, all battery cables and doing the Big 3 at the same time.

After that the tune will be looked at.
Awesome! Great day! Summer solstice and my father’s birthday.!

Looking forward to seeing some pics Ron..! [emoji16][emoji106][emoji631][emoji631]

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, pics along the way for sure.

Literally, about the only things left are the tune and exhaust work.

Eventually I will be putting new TPMS sensors on the wheels. I bought the tires and wheels from the owner here but there were no sensors in the wheels. No biggee. I was going to balance the tires anyway because of a vibe at highway speed that does follow the wheels if moved. The tread and tires look like new and no impacts. The vibe is slight but I want it smoother.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, pics along the way for sure.

Literally, about the only things left are the tune and exhaust work.

Eventually I will be putting new TPMS sensors on the wheels. I bought the tires and wheels from the owner here but there were no sensors in the wheels. No biggee. I was going to balance the tires anyway because of a vibe at highway speed that does follow the wheels if moved. The tread and tires look like new and no impacts. The vibe is slight but I want it smoother.
Understand. I have a very slight vibration, but want it gone. OTOH, the less times I let the kids at Discount Tire remove my wheels, the better shape they will stay in..!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understand. I have a very slight vibration, but want it gone. OTOH, the less times I let the kids at Discount Tire remove my wheels, the better shape they will stay in..!

I remove mine at home and bring them to wherever for this very reason. I stick blue painter's tape to the inside with the wheel's position marked.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I owe @915_Tahoe a bunch of money for his parts help. Hopefully he can help me again.

Last 8 digits: 5R221385

Is the power steering pump #88963604 or 15909832. I am 90% sure it is the first number.

I saw a pressure hose #15295842, is that correct. Is there any other hoses involved? All I saw was a "return hose", listed at RA and was just a metal line fitting.

Thank you again for any help.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I punch in the 15295855 at RA it shows a GM hose #1761494

When I punch in the 15804953 at RA it shows a GM hose #1761489

Are these now the correct substitutes for your numbers or am I missing something?

Again, thank you very much for the help. All you need to do is email me a bill for your services.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson

Latest posts