OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, just finished ordering in the next round of items to change to get this rig as best as I can get it.

1. New GM Fuel pump
2. GM Vapor cannister purge valve/solenoid
3. GM Vapor cannister
4. GM Vapor cannister bracket, just in case.
5. GM Vapor cannister purge valve hose
6. GM Vapor hose assembly
7. GM Vapor cannister vent valve solenoid

Since I have plans for doing the Big 3, I was doing some reading and was wondering what is a "smoothing capacitor"? A short description was given about smoothing voltage to computers.

Installing a new Interstate AGM battery either this weekend or next.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the giant Capacitors used in hi end car stereo amps as an example. Probably not the right way to use them at the alt output to battery. The potentials(CR) are wrong unless you have one bigger than your battery, and even then it is still wrong think.. Your battery does an excellent job of smoothing. Hope this helps. Hope you weren't trolling.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, something to remember about a large capacitor installation. You may need to discharge the capacitor, when working on the truck, particularly the electrical systems, and discharging the capacitor has to be done in a specific way, in order to avoid injury.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received the new fuel pump yesterday. Ordered on the 22nd and got 3 days later. Way faster than I expected.

What brand did you go with? I'm replacing mine this weekend if I can possibly next. Check valve went out in it, have to prime to start. I picked up a Delphi for 195.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson

Latest posts