Purchased a 2007 Yukon XL, now to make it reliable!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, squeal was from the front.

ahh I'm not sure if it would have worked in the front. but I guess it's some common for rear breaks to make nosies they came up with a damper for them. I put some on mine that were annoying and they are kinda amazing.

acdelco part number that replaces one of the caliper pin bolts with a stud and a damper that screws on to it. got rid of the last bit of noise mine made

oh and glazing the pads at break in. baer brakes has the best break in instructions I've ever used. takes like a week to do but works at treat. never have I had a rotor warp since I started using it. even after track days where the rest of my friends replace pads and rotors after each event. I just toss the baked pads and rotors are good to go.

Attachments

• Rotor Seasoning & Pad Bedding.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
OP
OP
Y

YukonGold12

Reaction score
Updates from yesterday:
- Replaced upper and lower radiator hoses. Cleaned up the throttle body while I was there.
- Did a coolant flush with distilled water, the coolant that was in the truck looked alight, I assume the previous owner had it changed within the last 50k miles. The flush did remove a few contaminates.

I picked up a portable car touchscreen as an alternative to replacing the radio. I haven't found any good resources on replacing the headunit that will also allow me to keep my DVD entertainment system. So I was going to try this and see how it went.

DaveO9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck....... bigest pita is getting the parking brake pad set because................... the only way to do it is to do it all over again and again and again....
there is a tool to set it but who has that....
all I can offer is to make it fairly tight to get the rotor on and then if it skims the initial layer off so be it.

I'm going through this with my axle replacement project right now. I think your procedure is probably in my near future. There's a little hole with a rubber plug on the back of the backing plate - it's gotta be there for adjusting parking brakes, but it seems impossible to be able to do anything with it. Useless?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going through this with my axle replacement project right now. I think your procedure is probably in my near future. There's a little hole with a rubber plug on the back of the backing plate - it's gotta be there for adjusting parking brakes, but it seems impossible to be able to do anything with it. Useless?
no way to do it from the backside, on older trucks there was a hole to turn the adjusting wheel (from the back) or by adjustng a bolt on the cable

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my 2011 I adjusted the parking break thru that hole. it's a bit of a hassle, but worked.

just make sure the adjuster is lubed up. mine was stuck.

jdwood1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updates from yesterday:
- Replaced upper and lower radiator hoses. Cleaned up the throttle body while I was there.
- Did a coolant flush with distilled water, the coolant that was in the truck looked alight, I assume the previous owner had it changed within the last 50k miles. The flush did remove a few contaminates.

I picked up a portable car touchscreen as an alternative to replacing the radio. I haven't found any good resources on replacing the headunit that will also allow me to keep my DVD entertainment system. So I was going to try this and see how it went.
Any tricks on the lower radiator hose spring clamp at the radiator? I struggled for way too long with a pair of channel locks to get the spring clamp squeezed and slide over the new rubber hose. I just couldn’t get a good angle. Ended up borrowing a neighbors old school locking hose clamps and barely fit but I got it on!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Y

YukonGold12

Reaction score
Any tricks on the lower radiator hose spring clamp at the radiator? I struggled for way too long with a pair of channel locks to get the spring clamp squeezed and slide over the new rubber hose. I just couldn’t get a good angle. Ended up borrowing a neighbors old school locking hose clamps and barely fit but I got it on!
I had a smaller set of vice grips that I tuned just right. I would use that to open the spring clamp as far as possible and I was able to get it on.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you are crafty you can lock them open like they come when new, then all you have to do when reinstalling is release it with a flathead screw driver when you have it placed right where you want it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road