Purchased a 2007 Yukon XL, now to make it reliable!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdwood1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can get these in different sizes and head angles. There are other designs. I have several because I do not want to fight with vice grips, channel locks and needle nose pliers.
That’s exactly what my neighbor had but like 40 years older lol. They were probably a size or two too small but they got me to get the job done!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That’s exactly what my neighbor had but like 40 years older lol. They were probably a size or two too small but they got me to get the job done!
They work great because they lock when the spring clamp is opened. The slotted round tips pivot too.

OP
OP
Y

YukonGold12

Reaction score
Hey all! Got some more work done today. This time I did:

- Topped off transmission fluid
- Replaced engine oil and filter
- Added Fumoto valve
- Added Rislone

Updates were added to the spreadsheet.

Once everything was done. I was warming the engine so I could get another level check on the oil. It was good, but I noticed this..squeaking noise coming from the passenger side. I have never heard something like this before and it seemed to go away once the engine was warm. Was this just the exhaust manifold warming up or something? Really strange.

Noise at about the 10 second mark

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

- Added Fumoto valve
- Added Rislone

Once everything was done. I was warming the engine so I could get another level check on the oil. It was good, but I noticed this..squeaking noise coming from the passenger side. I have never heard something like this before and it seemed to go away once the engine was warm. Was this just the exhaust manifold warming up or something? Really strange.

Could be but I did not hear anything at the 10 second mark that I did not hear at the 30 second mark. I would bet you cannot hear anything at all from inside cab.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

- Added Fumoto valve
- Added Rislone

I also do not hear anything at the 10sec mark but it does sounds like you have a exhaust leak, possibly down at the y pipe somewhere. maybe it's just the video
this is compared to what mne sounds like

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't assume. Where do you think that oil COULD be coming from?

I was about to say the same thing. what's there like 6 places it can leak and show up right there?

the oil filter, the pan gasket right above it is where 60psi oil goes in and out of the filter(where I think mine is from) . the oil cooler/block off above it. the bar bell in the back of the block. the corner of the oil pan, factory had to use RTV on the corners and found some kinda rtv that isn't oil resistant long term, the rear main but less likely and the housing the rear main goes into, more likely.

oh and the oil pressure sensor can be working just fine electrically but leak oil put of the middle of it and run down to the point.

can you hear the annoyances in my post about mine leaking in the same spot haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road