Puttin a galaxy tab 2 7.0 in my dash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
cool, so I guess ur gonna have to google how to open rear of tablet. Once you open it, if it's like the asus, you'll be able to move the line out and charging plugs away from the edge. I'll post a pic of an article I read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C7f7PIRGus

Very great video thanks for that...I wonder how much different it would be inside my galaxy tab..That was really convenient that his headphone jack and dock connector was on those long ribbon cables

*Edit* Just opened up the tablet.... its not as simple as the nexus 7 :/ I wonder if I have any room for the connector and jack to just stick out slightly behind there...

Dock Connector
temporary_zps409341db.jpg

Headphone Jack
temporary_zpsee9cf134.jpg

Last edited:

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like your ribbon cable for the jack is under the blue circuit board. If you remove the board, you can then peel back the ribbon and place it near the middle. Are you planning on putting the back cover back on? If so, drill a hole in it and stick the jack and charger plug through. I may have to place my cover on since the wifi and gps ant is stuck to it.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
It seems like your ribbon cable for the jack is under the blue circuit board. If you remove the board, you can then peel back the ribbon and place it near the middle. Are you planning on putting the back cover back on? If so, drill a hole in it and stick the jack and charger plug through. I may have to place my cover on since the wifi and gps ant is stuck to it.

I'll have to take another look tomorrow...but what a pain in the ass to take the whole damn board out....I planned on keeping the back on yes..

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway you can get the ribbon out through the back.
I made a slice on the cover with a knife.

sdc12735k.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Look on the bright side, at least we know how to get to the battery if ever it needs replacing.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Is there anyway you can get the ribbon out through the back.
I made a slice on the cover with a knife.

sdc12735k.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Look on the bright side, at least we know how to get to the battery if ever it needs replacing.

lol right.....and I have no idea what the ribbon is like inside mine...Later tonight I will have to take it apart again and see...by the looks of it I'm going to almost completely gut the inside of it because it looks like the ribbon is under a board which is overlapped by numerous other board

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traced the power and volume contacts on the board and soldered wires to them so I can control them physically with push buttons. If these soldering points were any smaller I'd have to get a China man to do it.

sdc12745yt.jpg

LOL. I actually had to cut my finger nail b4 this pic.

sdc12743m.jpg

sdc12740l.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Traced the power and volume contacts on the board and soldered wires to them so I can control them physically with push buttons. If these soldering points were any smaller I'd have to get a China man to do it.

sdc12745yt.jpg

LOL. I actually had to cut my finger nail b4 this pic.

sdc12743m.jpg

sdc12740l.jpg

Yea thats pretty sweet, I thought about doing that but I think I'm just gonna be fine with using the on screen volume widget, and if not I might put a pac LC-1 in somewhere. I'm gonna take apart the tab later and see if I can't get those ribbons out

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

yeaaa from the looks of this I don't think the dock connector or the 3.5mm are on ribbons, they look like theyre connected directly to the board
6360222-850-563.jpg

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if you plug in a jack, cut the wires and trace the left, right and shield to where the ribbons plug with a multimeter. Then maybe you can solder wires near the ribbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velt