Putting aux lighting switches in cubby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pcfranchina

Reaction score
Hello. I am looking to add 3 rocker switches for some auxilary lighting. One of the most logical spots to use is the useless cubby to the left side of the wheel. Any ides on how to create a cover with 3 switches in it? Use metal? ABS plastic? How much of a hassle is this going to be? Any better ideas on where to put the switches? Images? I'd appreciate any ideas or help. I am looking to start mounting my lights this week.

9866369636_fd740544c3.jpg

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the bezel off, remove cubby, replace cubby with a piece of black plastic or whatever you can find that will work for you. put switches in, done.

kwood129

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a firefighter and I used the cubby spot for switches as well. Like mentioned above just find a piece of plastic and get creative with the dremel. I plan to add more switches in the future.

8ahy8ubu.jpg

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
P

pcfranchina

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I picked up the switches, abs plastic and everything else needed. I am planning on popping the bezel and do this project on saturday.
2 rigid industries lights on the bull bar, 1 mounted on the back of the cargo rack, maglite mount and maybe plastidip my rims.

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I picked up the switches, abs plastic and everything else needed. I am planning on popping the bezel and do this project on saturday.
2 rigid industries lights on the bull bar, 1 mounted on the back of the cargo rack, maglite mount and maybe plastidip my rims.

Can you post some pics of how the switches look when you're done? I've been wondering about how good a spot that is myself

kwood129

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Its a great location for switches and also for wiring. There is lots of room behind the cubby so you shouldn't have any trouble at all. The next switch I add I'm going to take pics of the area behind too.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 4

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added a USB port inside that cubby on mine. There is definitely room back there

kwood129

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put 2 usb ports inside my center console where the secret compartment door is.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts