Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not anytime soon...
needs new fuel pump, big one is pretty much done. turned it on, sounded like a jammed up blender, spun for a few secs then started slowing down, shut it off because it sounded like it was about to just stop working all together

need to test fans tomorrow also, they are "variable speed" but couldnt really find if theyre pwm (like stock) or voltage controlled. i connected them up just like stock so hoping theyre pwm

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its still a ways from actually moving and driving.
off the top of my head to do list:

-mount, wire and plump powersteering/hydroboost pump

-fix fuel leak at flex fuel sensor, need to just order a new fitting, ive tightened the hell out of it but still has a little leak. and as mentioned big pump sounds like its on its last leg, so prob wont be at track until new fuel system/pump

-mount water tank for intercooler* i am trying to get this up as high as the intercooler. the pump i have doesnt flow enough to "fill" the intercooler with the water tank being lower. part of it is because the intercooler/lines/chiller dont offer enough restriction to allow the pump to build up pressure so it just circulates too freely - not really a bad problem to have, but you could literally see the water level in the intercooler due to the frost line on the outside, and it was barely filling the intercooler halfway up ie the height of the water in the reservoir.

-need to route the exhaust from the wastegates somewhere? i could prob get them both into the downpipe without too much work, down thru the splash guard wouldnt be too bad, out the sides in front of front tires? no theyre not going out the hood, this is a sleeper

- i just halfassedly threw coolant lines in to get some water in it, so coolant reservoir needs to be installed and plumbed, can prob go back in the same spot as it was before.

- need to run pressure lines for wastegates, blow off valve*, fuel pressure regulator and mount distribution block somewhere. all this will prob go on with pushlock fittings for the time being and be changed over to hardlines after everything gets hammered out

- charge pipe still needs to be done, its pretty tight where it is i may try to heat the fan shroud to form it and make some more room, or just cut it?

- 5" cutout flange can go on and blocked off when it gets here

- finish up ac hoses/mount drier somewhere and get it recharged, this will prob be done after coolant/intercooler tanks are mounted as its pretty flexible on where it goes. i may buy a cheap vacuum pump just to check its all sealed up before i bring it somewhere to find out i messed something up.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its still a ways from actually moving and driving.
off the top of my head to do list:

-mount, wire and plump powersteering/hydroboost pump

-fix fuel leak at flex fuel sensor, need to just order a new fitting, ive tightened the hell out of it but still has a little leak. and as mentioned big pump sounds like its on its last leg, so prob wont be at track until new fuel system/pump

-mount water tank for intercooler* i am trying to get this up as high as the intercooler. the pump i have doesnt flow enough to "fill" the intercooler with the water tank being lower. part of it is because the intercooler/lines/chiller dont offer enough restriction to allow the pump to build up pressure so it just circulates too freely - not really a bad problem to have, but you could literally see the water level in the intercooler due to the frost line on the outside, and it was barely filling the intercooler halfway up ie the height of the water in the reservoir.

-need to route the exhaust from the wastegates somewhere? i could prob get them both into the downpipe without too much work, down thru the splash guard wouldnt be too bad, out the sides in front of front tires? no theyre not going out the hood, this is a sleeper

- i just halfassedly threw coolant lines in to get some water in it, so coolant reservoir needs to be installed and plumbed, can prob go back in the same spot as it was before.

- need to run pressure lines for wastegates, blow off valve*, fuel pressure regulator and mount distribution block somewhere

- charge pipe still needs to be done, its pretty tight where it is i may try to heat the fan shroud to form it and make some more room, or just cut it?

- 5" cutout flange can go on and blocked off when it gets here

- finish up ac hoses/mount drier somewhere and get it recharged, this will prob be done after coolant/intercooler tanks are mounted as its pretty flexible on where it goes. i may buy a cheap vacuum pump just to check its all sealed up before i bring it somewhere to find out i messed something up.
It’s all the shit at the end of a big job that tests your patience. You just gotta take on one thing at a time and eventually it gets there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius

Latest posts