Recommendations for a decent, easy to install radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadtested

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 LT w/Bose speakers and multi-disc CD changer. I want to keep it simple with an easy plug and play installation. Don't need rear view camera - just want a decent (<$200 Bluetooth unit) that will plug and play.

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at crutchfield.com. You can get a good sense for the installation level based on how many factory features (steering wheel controls, etc) you want to retain. If you purchase from them they also include detailed installation instructions.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crutchfield generally has a good selection, although the supply chain issues may make some unavailable. You can filter by CD or no CD, etc., then see what installation materials they provide. If you have steering wheel controls that you want to maintain then they'll have one or more adapters (PAC, for example) to retain those and the door / key chimes, etc.

Know that the single din units tend to have very small buttons, if that makes any difference to you.

BigRed05XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon XL and recently installed a double din Atoto A6 touchscreen (replacing the factory 6 disc changer unit) I bought off Amazon for $220 plus the wiring interface to maintain the Bose and steering wheel controls that was another $90 plus the mount adapter I think was less than $20. I opted for a rear camera which was less than $40. Installation was simple and straight forward. I soldiered the wiring harness with shrink wrap first then installed it.

Nice thing about the Atoto A6 or similar is the Android system allows for customizing. I loaded the car web guru launcher which gives tons of options regarding layout of controls. So far I'm really pleased with it.

Eric

Atoto A6.jpg

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they make the din and a half version? Mine came with a fold out tv, that hits the shifter and it is very annoying.

OP
OP
Roadtested

Roadtested

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon XL and recently installed a double din Atoto A6 touchscreen (replacing the factory 6 disc changer unit) I bought off Amazon for $220 plus the wiring interface to maintain the Bose and steering wheel controls that was another $90 plus the mount adapter I think was less than $20. I opted for a rear camera which was less than $40. Installation was simple and straight forward. I soldiered the wiring harness with shrink wrap first then installed it.

Nice thing about the Atoto A6 or similar is the Android system allows for customizing. I loaded the car web guru launcher which gives tons of options regarding layout of controls. So far I'm really pleased with it.

Eric

View attachment 350234
Looks good. The wood trim makes me think I should watch the salvage yard for Yukon trim parts. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts