Remove roof-rack.....COMPLETELY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saxart

Reaction score
I'm curious if it's possible to remove the roof-rack from a NNBS Hoe/Burb and leave it off? Do the holes in the roof need to be pluged?

I'd love to see some pics of either truck with the roof rack removed if anyone out there has done this. :)

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, you can. I'd recommend plugging them. I, personally, would probably just put the screws back in there since they are sorta low profile. See how it looks. That way when you get rid of it, you can always put the rack back on.

The right way would be to have a body shop weld in the holes, smooth them, and repaint the roof, but thats another ballgame.

I'd say to silicone them, but then you'd have a hard time putting the roof back on when you decided to get rid of it.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted a pic of mine without it. I liked the look a lot -- but I ultimately put my Esky rack back on.

I used door molding to cover the holes. Very custom looking, and covered the holes so no water could get it.

You can't leave the holes unplugged or you'll get water in the headliner. Also, the stock bolts don't screw all the way down, so they're an eyesore, I think.

RackDelete.jpg

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk, looks so sleek without it!! I'm on the fence with ours. Still waiting on the wheels to finally make that call. Sigh...

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't see poo either Jacob, it's not you.

billyblue

Reaction score
I'll have the OEM plugs if someone want to trade the mounting hardware for my plugs.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

PM Me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian