Remove roof-rack.....COMPLETELY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StormTrooper2181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have any old GM interior plastic door panel tabs they work well with silicone.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KMeloney-you wouldn't happen to have pictures of your roof AFTER you removed the stock rack? And pics of the holes filled and/or plugged? Thanks for any support.

Yep, I do...

It's tough to see on black, but you'll notice the door molding I used along the length of the roof to cover the holes.

FYI, it was a PITA to do. I dremeled out a space on the underside of the molding where the nutserts sit. That was the PITA part. Otherwise, it was just a matter of affixing the molding to the roof.

Attachments

• rib1.jpg
    rib1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 145
  • RackDelete.jpg
    RackDelete.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 121

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I do...

It's tough to see on black, but you'll notice the door molding I used along the length of the roof to cover the holes.

FYI, it was a PITA to do. I dremeled out a space on the underside of the molding where the nutserts sit. That was the PITA part. Otherwise, it was just a matter of affixing the molding to the roof.

Where did you buy the molding? I wonder if it comes in white?

8352422464_1c64b7f55b.jpg

8351360237_6a4e2d9295.jpg

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You purchased the moldings that are beveled on both ends, right? How did you cut it to the length you wanted? Just cut a chunk out of the middle and have a seam? Is it visible? Or did you just cut one of the beveled ends off?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You purchased the moldings that are beveled on both ends, right? How did you cut it to the length you wanted? Just cut a chunk out of the middle and have a seam? Is it visible? Or did you just cut one of the beveled ends off?

I did the former. But, even if you cut the end off (of one end) and did it that way, you couldn't see the seam, especially with black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian