Replacing my knock sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

Reaction score
If you really wanted to something else extra replace the valve cover gaskets if they are leaking, that's more common than anything else, those I would use the fel pro also and they come with new grommets
Thanks for the heads up, I am definitely going to change them. I have a build up I noticed when I first bought the car, not a steady leak but they definitely need to be changed.

waveryd

Reaction score
Might also consider a 1 year subscription to alldata DIY if you are just learning. It is well worth the cost as it will save you time and all the procedures, torque specs, etc. are readily available vs. searching for everything individually. As stated above I have also had very good luck with Rock Auto.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

Reaction score
If you really wanted to something else extra replace the valve cover gaskets if they are leaking, that's more common than anything else, those I would use the fel pro also and they come with new grommets
Thanks for mentioning that, I forgot when I first purchased the vehicle I can see the build up of oil around the covers. There's no steady leak but they definitely need to be replaced. Put the order in this morning and I added those as well.

Thanks again everyone for your help, I appreciate it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning that, I forgot when I first purchased the vehicle I can see the build up of oil around the covers. There's no steady leak but they definitely need to be replaced. Put the order in this morning and I added those as well.

Thanks again everyone for your help, I appreciate it.
How much did the 5% discount save you? Sometimes, the savings pays the shipping.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

Reaction score
I'm replacing The knock sensors right now according to the specs I looked up online and saying 15 ft lbs is what to set the torque wrench too That's what I'm doing and it seems like they were getting tighter tighter then I'll sudden that started feeling looser so I stopped and it did the same exact thing for the rear knock sensor as well when I was getting that in. Not sure if it's just acting that way like sometimes bolts are when you try to thread them their little tight until you get them in then they loosen back up again before you really get to tighten them down.

That rear knock sensor was in pretty bad shape as you can see from the pictures

Attachments

• IMG20241019125922.jpg
    IMG20241019125922.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 17293582199183631780711208556450.jpg
    17293582199183631780711208556450.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member