Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah no kidding about the road trip. There was a lot of that drive that had no cell service and nobody for miles. Small towns few and far between with MAYBE a gas station if you're lucky. That's if you can find a way to get a tow. Lucky lucky. I still don't know why it came off; the tube was a bit bent where it went into the tranny though. I'm thinking the shop that installed my Corvette servo might have pried against it since it's right next to the servo.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also lucky it was just the line and not a gasket , or hole in the tranny.
Nice easy fix and glad all is good now ;)
I know. First I thought it was the radiator then I saw all the tranny fluid and saw it was coming from near the trans itself not from up front. I really started worrying then. Then soon as I got it home and on jack stands and saw it was a line I breathed a huge sigh.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well on the way to work today I was still nervous about that transmission line so I was really paying attention and thought I felt something in the brakes. Then on the way home I was sure, and it sounded like the rears were grinding. But the pads and rotors were replaced not that long ago, maybe 5 k miles, so it couldn't be the pads I thought. Maybe the trans fluid got on them and they're glazed. But by the time I got home I was sure it was the pads gone. I pulled a wheel and sure though- the inside pads on both rears were metal on metal. It didn't look like the rotors were damaged so I bought some Wagner ceramic pads, the best that O'Reilly's had for my truck. Installed in a little over an hour. Now I'm wondering what happened- the EBC 7000 series pads were installed at the same time as the fronts, and when I did the GMT900 front upgrade a month or so ago, the fronts were at 80% still. In fact I sold those pads to a member here.I don't think it's the pads fault. I've always had good results and wear from the EBC's, and the fronts were wearing well. I'm thinking I may need new rear calipers. Anyway the last 2 days have been maintenance and more maintenance.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Both sides? Check your ebrake cable. Common for our trucks to size up

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I don't think it's that. There isn't any friction at the rear wheels when the brakes aren't applied. The cable seems to be moving when I push on the ebrake although they're not adjusted so they don't work. I will check for sure in the next few days though. Thanks for the idea.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked my records and it was a year and 12,000 miles ago that the rear pads were replaced. More miles than I thought but still not good.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went thru the same thing with mine except the rotors got messed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdwood