Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was indeed lucky. Friggin' lamp posts. Amazing to me was that bumper was only around $100 shipped. And yes I'm glad the cover was salvageable, it's more like $275 because it's a Denali. Even the top step pads on a Denali are around $125 for each side, while the regular Yukon's are about $35 each.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yea I got lucky and found my bumper complete with cover and pads for $100 used in perfect condition. Harder to find denali bumpers used in good shape than it is to find escalade bumpers.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same to be said about them lamps. Sorry to hear. I still have a crush on your truck.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same lamp post got me a while back in the same spot. Donor Suburban for a new bumper before the color match. Bumper pad still has a small scar. Good quick change and lucky no tailgate or quarter panel....phew. Looking sweet.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
After I had my bumper painted the wife hit a snow bank in a parking lot and scratched it. No dent but same amount of work.
Great job and quick repair

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to change my oil today while the weather here in the Pacific NW was nice, so I won't have to do it again until late March. I used the Femco quick change valve for the first time and I have to say it worked nice. It drains a bit slow but there's no mess at all as far as draining the oil. The filter is a different story. I just removed the dust cap and screwed the coupler on with the hose attachment and it started draining. No tools needed and not a drop except in the collection pan. I just left it hooked up for 10-15 minutes and when I came back the oil was drained. But then I still had to remove the filter and of course it made a bit of a mess onto the newspaper I had down, even though I tried to make the oil land in the collection pan. Maybe I'll look for a bigger pan. Anyway at least half the job is easy now!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and my catchcan is doing its job- this is how much was in it since my last oil change.

IMG_5843.JPG

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dibs on your 109 when you want to sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmyers