Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It does look so much better and I appreciate it again every time I wash it. I always hated washing around that thing.
Yes every time I wash my,truck I hate that stupid wiper blade. I've never ever used it. It traps so much water. And I can see my paint starting to split a little a bit around the base of the arm. So that's gotta go for sure and soon! Lol. I think for now though I'm gonna have to go with plugs though. But I'm gonna be doing paint as well.

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point my cats got clogged up and as I was looking into replacing them, I made the decision to use high-flow ones and right about then I started moving away from making the Denali look better to making the Denali faster and better-handling. I replaced the muffler along with the cats. I went with a Flowmaster 50 series which was pretty loud but fortunately I didn't experience a drone problem. I also installed a Spectre CAI and got rid of the terrible stock air intake. The Spectre isn't the best or most expensive CAI but it works well and I get a bit of an intake growl. Forgive the dirty engine bay in these pictures.

View attachment 65522

View attachment 65523
How did you run the muffler instead of buying a cat back

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you run the muffler instead of buying a cat back

The 02 Denali's have a pretty good exhaust to start with,; they run a larger diameter dual pipe system all the way back to the muffler, so I just had a muffler shop add a Flowmaster 2-into-1 collector at the muffler and run that into the Flowmaster 50 Series muffler, then add a new end that goes up and over the axle to the new tip. This along with the high-flow cats works really good.

IMG_4002.JPG

IMG_4003.JPG

IMG_4004.JPG

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok I see thanks alot your so helpful bud. Problem is the muffler shops around here just cream cheese stuff together so I don't really trust none of them I'll probably take the section of exhaust of and get it done correctly

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I shouldn't have painted the rear bumper because sure as hell soon as I did, a lamp post jumped out of the dark and smashed itself right into it. It pushed the passenger side about 1 1/2" forward, almost into the rear quarter panel. I worked on a bit a few days ago and got things close as far as the steel part goes, and today I installed a new bumper "face" which is actually the steel part behind the skin. My body shop friend said he can fix the skin. What a pain. The bolts they use to attach the bumper are like stove bolts but the square part that's supposed to key into square holes in the steel is real thin and the bolts were rusted. It took me 3 hours to remove 12 bolts, and one had to be cut off. But now everything looks right except for a small crease in the skin. I'll drop that off next week for body and paint.

IMG_5773.JPG

IMG_5774.JPG

IMG_5775.JPG

IMG_5778.JPG

IMG_5781.JPG

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang that sucks! At least the bumper cover was salvageable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Damn lamp posts are the worst drivers , no courtesy for those around them. And they never have insurance.

Glad it was just the bumper and not the qp or hatch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdwood