Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When your bike is worth more than your denali :boobs:
Haha yeah maybe. That's one of 4 of my Harleys. I tried to sell 2 of them last summer but I wasn't going to give them away. This one isn't for sale though, or my bagger.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out the first page of this thread for a look at my bagger. 2015 Street Glide 26" front wheel. I built my bikes too.
Okay I remember that one now. Lol

I want a SG. Love those bikes. I rode a CVO with the new engine. Very nice.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty fast for a bagger. Not as fast as my V-Rods but still not bad.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight I was on my way to get something to eat and in the pitch black in pouring rain I hit what must have been a mother **##er of a pothole and heard the dreaded sound of a tire losing air. Pulled over and the right front rim is bent bad. I don't think it can be fixed so I'll have to see what today's going rate for a 26" Dub Baller is. That was one expensive hamburger. Hope the tire's OK. Worst thing is that I'll have to drive on a 17" ( or probably a pair of 17's) for a few days.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Tonight I was on my way to get something to eat and in the pitch black in pouring rain I hit what must have been a mother **##er of a pothole and heard the dreaded sound of a tire losing air. Pulled over and the right front rim is bent bad. I don't think it can be fixed so I'll have to see what today's going rate for a 26" Dub Baller is. That was one expensive hamburger. Hope the tire's OK. Worst thing is that I'll have to drive on a 17" ( or probably a pair of 17's) for a few days.
I think almost any kind of bent rim can get fixed. They can even fix cracked rims. Give it a shot and get a hold of one of those rim repair shops. At least you'd get a professional opinion if it can be fixed or not.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Around me there is a Tim repair called wheel wizard. They can fix anything. I have seen a few rims missing have the inside and some how they fix it. I wouldn't feel safe driving on it. I am sure there is someone by you.
I hope the burger was at least good. Good luck

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will see if it can be repaired. It hit pretty hard, between the spokes, and the main part of the rim is pushed in, not just the lip. I know it can probably be bent back into shape but it's the finish I have my doubts about since it's what Dub calls "double black". I'm not sure if the bent part is the same as the spokes which are black when looking straight on but kind of gold-ish when looking at the side, especially in the sun. I just have a feeling the reshaping will be visible in the finish. The wheel repair places state the finish may be damaged during straightening. I'll know more in the next couple of days.

IMG_5849.JPG

IMG_5850.JPG

IMG_5851.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Man, that sux! Hopefully it'll work out. Just curious, if they bent it back and it looks good, do you think if you contact the original wheel manufacturer, they'd be able to respray it? If they could tho, price wise, would it still come out cheaper then buying a new rim? Just something to think about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmyers