Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That liquid is calcium chloride. Used to shrink my leather gloves pretty bad. Very corrosive.

The DOT washes there trucks after every snow storm so they say they don't see in increase in anything rusting out (even tho this ***** terrible) could put a rust inhibitor in it so it's not as bad but they claim it's a waste of $ all these people that don't wash there cars espc. underneath goes to shit fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The DOT washes there trucks after every snow storm so they say they don't see in increase in anything rusting out (even tho this ***** terrible) could put a rust inhibitor in it so it's not as bad but they claim it's a waste of $ all these people that don't wash there cars espc. underneath goes to shit fast

I worked NJDOT back in 89-92. We always had to wash out the trucks, plows, plow frames, augers and salt spinners after we we're done. They'd still rust. Every spring we painted them that awesome NJDOT snot yellow /green.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Are the truck bodies aluminum or steel? When I was there, they were steel. They now use aluminium.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work on filing that claim and good on ODOT for coming thru just in time for Christmas. :chewie:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome that you got it resolved! A while back I lost a wheel hub on my durango to a pothole and the city of big bear lake and caltrans said tough luck. It was frustrating but then again it wasn't as expensive as replacing a 26 inch rim haha. So I sucked it up. But good to hear someone took care of you! :)

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Show us the check! Lol I wanna see
Paid to-chase
For- Dub Baller wheel.
From- city of big bear.
That's just hilarious. I would copy the check and frame it

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the truck bodies aluminum or steel? When I was there, they were steel. They now use aluminium.

It looks like the dump body's are aluminum and the rest of the truck is steel, still running some older trucks those might even be all steel

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's Christmas Eve today but all my shopping and wrapping was done so this morning I added some strip LED lighting under my doors so when I open them it lights the ground. Saw this mod here on the forum and couldn't resist. The strip cost me $9 so it was one of my least expensive mods. I like it.

IMG_5976.JPG

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_5980.JPG

IMG_5984.JPG

IMG_5986.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nissan84

Latest posts