Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. I’m not quite that gullible. I do have a question though- if any changes at all are made to the tune you’re looking at in the editor, does the program ask you to save changes as you exit or does it just automatically save the modified tune ‘cause that would suck if I accidentally changed something and closed the file and it automatically saved it with the changes.

Glad you didn't do that although I doubt it would start. No it will not automatically save for you unless you click "Save" Instead of "Save As" if you click save as it will ask you how you want to save it. If you close the editor it will ask if you want to save and if you say yes it will save directly over the tune you had open. best this to do is cancel closing and manual "Save As'

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you didn't do that although I doubt it would start. No it will not automatically save for you unless you click "Save" Instead of "Save As" if you click save as it will ask you how you want to save it. If you close the editor it will ask if you want to save and if you say yes it will save directly over the tune you had open. best this to do is cancel closing and manual "Save As'
Or if I'm just looking like I was I can just close it and the original is untouched right?

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just see this. I’ve looked at GRG’s videos but I don’t see anything that shows the very basics.

Edit nvm I see now. I just did that and flashed the tune. Now my truck won’t start.

You scared the heck out me with that one!

Congrats on the trans fix and happy to see you get into your own tuning. I have really enjoyed the process of learning and tuning with my MPVI2. I have only done trans stuff so far since I don't have my wideband yet. I don't feel comfortable with tuning on the narrowbands or even the pro's claiming they can do it with the narrowbands.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m planning on reinstalling the park brake shoes I removed when diagnosing a squeak. They’ve never been adjusted properly so they’ve never worked. What tool are you guys using to check clearance? The Kent Moore J 21177-a that’s listed in the SM is over $100.