"Service 4WD" - Master Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Complete upset with GM the will reschedule in few days the guy can't not make so they waste my time, but I make sure the don't play with me.
[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

OP
OP
S

SVL

Reaction score
Complete upset with GM the will reschedule in few days the guy can't not make so they waste my time, but I make sure the don't play with me.
[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

Geez...that's bad. Go get 'em humer! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens since you and I are in basically the same situation.:emotions122:

rjr

Reaction score
Had the problem on Feb 2 and software was updated that date. Anyone whose software was updated 2/2 or later have the problem recur?

Mountaingirl45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
need 2WD to 4WD Auto explaination

I need to know when I put it in Auto is that for automatic switching from 2WD to 4WD High or is it for some sort of all wheel drive mode? I bought the car for safety for independent wheel for driving on ice as I need it. I have done the lemon law once before on my BMW I had. Out of the 2 years I owned it 1-1/2 years it was in the shop. I love this my Tahoe but if I have to keep taking it back for updates I guess I will use the lemon law.

PS we were on our way to Las Vegas a month ago and I had it in auto for 2 months with nothing happening. My husband had to ask if it ever switched in since the last fix and I said it was doing great. Low and behold we stopped in Kingman for gas and when he turned it back on it fell into 4WD "low" and we had to crawl to a dealership to get it fixed again. What a pain in the ass. So not safe when traveling either.:banghead::banghead:

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the Auto function engages the front differential but keeps the clutch pack in the system engaged until the system senses rear whee slip. At that point the clutch disengages and sends power to the front wheels in addition to the rear. In 4hi the front get power all the time and the 2hi the front never get power and, because less of the drivetrain is engaged, you'll save a little bit of gas as compared to auto.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kuslamb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Checking in. Same story as the previous hundreds of posts. Service 4wd. Dealer dropping off a loaner in the AM and taking my vehicle for the weekend. Sucks, but kinda expected. Just unde 20,000 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968