steering stabilizers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link 06...I just ordered mine now I just have to make time to put it in when it comes.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RyanGT I don't guess you have ever picked up a set of 22s or 24s with tires. They weigh a lot more than your stock wheels with 285/75s on them. So lowered vehicles stand to suffer the same problems you do.

BigFella

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Preciate the link 06. Now I need to figure out which brake setup to get to stop all that added weight.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SSBC stuff is nice and not priced too high. I would look into running rear brakes off a Suburban since they are 2 pistons. I have 14" rotors all around, 3 pistons front and relocation brackets on the back with braided lines and they stop very well with our 22s

RKitagawa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All your tips were helpful.

Hey guys,

After reading all your posts about the “Steering Wheel Wobble” and suggestions of how to correct this, I’ve gone ahead and purchased the steering stabilizer suggested (link below). I am quite excited to see if this will greatly improve the issue, as I’ve been trying to correct this problem for the past year. I have a GMC Yukon 01 (4x4 SLT 4.8 that’s all stock with 20s and 120k miles on it) and the wheel seems to only wobble when hitting bumps, uneven lines, and grooves in the road.

I’ve had Midas, Pep boys, and local mechanics align, balance, inspect my front suspension, and even replace my tire rods and rotors to see if the issue would resolve. Of course all these did help, however did not get rid of the problem. Knowing that 120k miles on an 01 Yukon is quite long, it’s probably something loose that can’t been seen by the eye and will have to be corrected by just replacing all front suspension. Rather than jump to that conclusion, I am going to try the stabilizer first. If that doesn’t correct the issue I will update the pitman and idle arm and then followed by the steering rod.

Just wanted to thank you guys for the trips and I will keep you posted. If you have any thoughts on my post, please let me know as I am new to the auto scene.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?catalog=63&partnum=SS15326&a=FR63-SS15326

008uk.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got my Steering Stabilizer yesterday and haven't had a chance to put it in yet because of the weather. I'll follow up with my opionion and pics sometime this week.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone put a Stab. on 07-10 yet? I think I might give it go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makivili

Latest posts