Strike??? Thoughts, insights, predictions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I was stationed in Germany the trades were greatly respected. Remember when Schrempp the president of Daimler-Chrysler was asked why he made 10% of what the president of Chrysler made? He said because it would be immoral!

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting update: I have been in contact with my Michigan hometown dealer about ordering a 24 Yukon and when I brought it up theyno concerns about the strike as of right now. She said the plant employees building the Yukons is NOT striking right now and production is not affected. I’m hopeful this whole mess gets sorted out quickly and favorably to everyone involved.

Last edited:

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting update: I have been in contact with my Michigan hometown dealer about ordering a 24 Yukon and I brought up no concerns about the strike. She said the plant employees building the Yukons is NOT striking right now and production is not affected. I’m hopeful this whole mess gets sorted out quickly and favorably to everyone involved.
Yea the dealers have no idea what’s going to happen. That could change Monday or a week later who knows

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought a new truck in over 15 years but when I read here the prices that some are quoting it seems that something is very wrong.
Perhaps the workers earn too much money, perhaps the company makes too much profit, perhaps both.
But without the vehicle buyers who support the upward spiral of pricing that drives the problem things would probably be different.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is hard work doesn't always pay off. I know plenty of people who work way harder than I do but have less. Luck has just as much to do with it.
Our experiences differ in that respect. I know plenty of people who dont work nearly as hard as I do and dont have much to show for it. Luck definitely helps tho.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have any feel for the upcoming possible auto worker strike? My understanding is that the side are quite far apart. GM offering approx 2-3% pay increase per year for 4 years with a lump sum $6000 payment. Union wants 11.5% increase per year with many old school benefits restored such as defined pensions.

My local dealer seems pretty certain a strike will happen and they have received a ton of inventory over the 2-3 weeks.

I am next up for an Ultimate allocation so I have a bit of interest in how this plays out.

To me, both side seems absurd with what they want. The reality will be almost right down the middle. I am looking at 5% increase per year for the 4 year contract and a lump sum payment along with a few tweaks for the membership.

We will see how this plays out as it will affect any industrial product, service provider across the USA.
They can go on strike for the next 10 years as far as I'm concerned. The American car buyong public is not too happy with the Auto choices being offered anyway.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The quality of the newer generations of these vehicles is suffering. Some due to engineers and designers and some due to the assembly line workers. Give me a GMT800 any day of the week. I don't like the seat comfort of the 2007+ rigs and don't need the 100 different ways to have a French tickler available at the press of a button.

Status
Not open for further replies.