The KidWagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Welp. Broke another one of Trekline's bolts last Thursday night. It was one of the bolts that run vertically to hold the lower trailing arm's drop-shackle to the pad. I heard it break while backing into my driveway. After crawling under it, I realized that the other side was just plain missing.

THANKFULLY, I had already read about another company's arms, and ordered them a couple weeks ago. I much prefer the APOC Industries arms that I installed over the weekend. I didn't take any pictures of them side by side, but here's a link to their page.

I did the upper and lower trailing arms AND the track bar.

MUCH less noise, and far more comfortable than the Spohn arms. If anyone wants the Spohn stuff, I'll cut you a crazy deal on it.

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Welp. Broke another one of Trekline's bolts last Thursday night. It was one of the bolts that run vertically to hold the lower trailing arm's drop-shackle to the pad. I heard it break while backing into my driveway. After crawling under it, I realized that the other side was just plain missing.

THANKFULLY, I had already read about another company's arms, and ordered them a couple weeks ago. I much prefer the APOC Industries arms that I installed over the weekend. I didn't take any pictures of them side by side, but here's a link to their page.

I did the upper and lower trailing arms AND the track bar.

MUCH less noise, and far more comfortable than the Spohn arms. If anyone wants the Spohn stuff, I'll cut you a crazy deal on it.
Link says 0"- 6" lift. Are they short enough to center the axle with your truck being lowered?

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score

kbuskill

Reaction score
I'm debating a 6" rear drop.

Do you bottom out hardcore? Debating whether I should put a C-Notch back there...
I lifted mine back up 2" all the way around after buying new tires that were too wide.

But to answer your question, NO. When I had the 6" drop springs out back nothing bottomed out after notching the crossmember where the panhard bar bracket on the axle would make contact if you hit a big bump.

I also kept the auto leveling in the rear though so she didn't sag from loading the truck heavy or towing.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I lifted mine back up 2" all the way around after buying new tires that were too wide.

But to answer your question, NO. When I had the 6" drop springs out back nothing bottomed out after notching the crossmember where the panhard bar bracket on the axle would make contact if you hit a big bump.

I also kept the auto leveling in the rear though so she didn't sag from loading the truck heavy or towing.
You TOWED at 6" in the rear!? That's goshdern impressive!

I'll be back out under mine this weekend. I'm going to cut the lips off the front fenders. I think I already notched the crossmember, or cut the tab off......but now I'm second guessing myself.

kbuskill

Reaction score
You TOWED at 6" in the rear!? That's goshdern impressive!

I'll be back out under mine this weekend. I'm going to cut the lips off the front fenders. I think I already notched the crossmember, or cut the tab off......but now I'm second guessing myself.
I cut the tabs and the crossmember just to be safe.

And Yes, not a big trailer, like a 6X12 open trailer with, you know, "Stuff" on it... lol

I like keeping the Auto leveling because it is nice being able to load up all the family and luggage and cooler and whatnot and not have to worry about scrubbing fenders.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I cut the tabs and the crossmember just to be safe.

And Yes, not a big trailer, like a 6X12 open trailer with, you know, "Stuff" on it... lol

I like keeping the Auto leveling because it is nice being able to load up all the family and luggage and cooler and whatnot and not have to worry about scrubbing fenders.
I still have my sensors and whatnot. Did you keep the factory air shocks, or did you retrofit bags?

If you kept the factory air shocks, I'm assuming you're using a 4" drop shackle?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have my sensors and whatnot. Did you keep the factory air shocks, or did you retrofit bags?

If you kept the factory air shocks, I'm assuming you're using a 4" drop shackle?
Aren't drop shackles for leaf springs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyBosnian

Latest posts