Think my engine just failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucks, sucks, sucks. Dealer gonna drop a new or running motor on it and gonna sell it for retail value and get all its wort out of it and maybe then some. Someone local to him Pick his truck up with a uhaul trailer, and then meet the next closest member, swap to their truck and so on until he gets this back somewhere he can have it fixed
x2 this sucks

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I would have rented a U-Haul truck and trailer before eating 10k. Then, figured out what to do with it when I got home.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sux all around. Nothing else to say about it. Just another one of life's curveballs I guess :( best of luck to ya :Handshake:

OP
OP
D

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
What is, is. Sometimes life comes at you and there is nothing you can do except bend over and take it up the ass. I'm not happy about what happened, but I think I made the right decision as it applies to my family. Fortunately, I had already started working on a plan to improve things for the long term. I will be back in a Tahoe eventually. I just have to live with this ugly Gold ext/brown int Malibu. I'm blessed to be familiar with the engine inside and out as my wife's Cobalt has it too. Give me a years and I'll be in a better situation and get a new Tahoe instead of a used one.

Jenna, I believe this was a random failure. I always used top tier fuel, usually Shell or Chevron. The last fill up the Tahoe got was Conoco mid grade (88 octane). I used mid grade because of my tune. As for oil changes, I always performed them myself. I used Wix filters and and Valvoline Max Life 5w30. Last oil change was Saturday. DIC said 10% oil life remaining at the time of the oil change.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is, is. Sometimes life comes at you and there is nothing you can do except bend over and take it up the ass. I'm not happy about what happened, but I think I made the right decision as it applies to my family. Fortunately, I had already started working on a plan to improve things for the long term. I will be back in a Tahoe eventually. I just have to live with this ugly Gold ext/brown int Malibu. I'm blessed to be familiar with the engine inside and out as my wife's Cobalt has it too. Give me a years and I'll be in a better situation and get a new Tahoe instead of a used one.

Jenna, I believe this was a random failure. I always used top tier fuel, usually Shell or Chevron. The last fill up the Tahoe got was Conoco mid grade (88 octane). I used mid grade because of my tune. As for oil changes, I always performed them myself. I used Wix filters and and Valvoline Max Life 5w30. Last oil change was Saturday. DIC said 10% oil life remaining at the time of the oil change.

That's all you can do, man, is make decisions that are best for your family :Handshake: Hopefully, you'll still come around often even without a Hoe currently in your possession. You can join the Malibu club with Timmy as he is without a Hoe and tootling around in a Malibu as well :hands: I do like the looks of the Malibu. If it was to get a car I'd consider it as an option.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel sad for you reading this.......... but on the bright side you have your family and health......... God Bless.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065