Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it bother anyone else, when you're spending nearly six figures on a vehicle, and the salespeople know less about the features than you do? I think of it as poor training, and if the front end doesn't get any what about the service department?

sold cars for 6 months 20yrs ago...the best salesmen didn't know jack about what they were selling...allowed them to not mislead the customer...always easier to just say, "I don't know but I can find out for you..."

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully ordered a 2023 Yukon Denali diesel in the past 2 months? My dealer says GM will not accept or give an order number, to any Denali with a 6.2 or LM2 unless it is an Ultimate. My salesman is the former General Mgr at the store and has treated me great on the past 2 vehicles. Hoping to avoid any future price increase from GM with their sold order price protection program.
I am being told the same thing, either order an SLT or an Ultimate. October will mark 24 months since I started this process, so far GM lost my business annual truck order, and lost all our salesmans vehicle orders to the competition 2 years in a row. My sales guy isn't happy he lost almost all my business, but as they say, if you can't deliver what I need, I will go where they will. GM really needs to take care of their long term customers.
I am also now speaking with a different dealer, see if they can get it in a few months or I am done.

Last edited:

DFW Clay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whoa... I have a 2023 Suburban Z71 on order, TPW 9/19, but my dealer said the Rear Seat Entertainment wasn't an option/available. May I ask where you ordered from (looks like you're in Dallas). I went through Classic in Grapevine, similar (fast) timeline as you though.
Yes, I ordered with Classic in Grapevine. When I inquired with them when the 2023 orders first opened, they told me RSE wasn't available, but when I saw on this forum that someone saw a dealer stock 2023 with RSE, I inquired again and it was available. Classic in Grapevine actually got a stock order 2023 RST in Silver Sage with RSE that we almost bought (saw it with my own eyes) but it had a bench second row and we wanted bucket, so we ordered.

Last edited:

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am being told the same thing, either order an SLT or an Ultimate. October will mark 24 months since I started this process, so far GM lost my business annual truck order, and lost all our salesmans vehicle orders to the competition 2 years in a row. My sales guy isn't happy he lost almost all my business, but as they say, if you can't deliver what I need, I will go where they will. GM really needs to take care of their long term customers.
I am also now speaking with a different dealer, see if they can get it in a few months or I am done.
I'm not so sure an SLT will get picked up sooner depending on what you want. If you want the SLT Luxury package (which I've decided is a must for me), it is at 0% constraint until November. I actually am trying both configurations: An SLT diesel with Luxury package/Max Tow or a base Denali diesel. Because the diesel is so severely constrained I don't know which one will get picked up sooner.

done-it-again

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, my Yukon ultimate came in damaged. 10k worth of it and my dealer rejected it. Don’t blame them, I don’t want a repaired one either.

This was not a “order” car but I had a deposit when it came in. O’well, now I need to find another. Or a Escalade with no mark up. Lol.

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read on another forum that the Arlington plant is closing for up to 2 months due to window actuator shortage.

Joneill89

Reaction score
Well, my Yukon ultimate came in damaged. 10k worth of it and my dealer rejected it. Don’t blame them, I don’t want a repaired one either.

This was not a “order” car but I had a deposit when it came in. O’well, now I need to find another. Or a Escalade with no mark up. Lol.
What happened??? This will be my luck. I am waiting on an ultimate that is supped to come in 9/27 and I've been told that it's "in transit" but I was also told that back when it was built in July. I also put a deposit on a navigator that's supposed to be coming on 9/23 because I'm so sick of waiting

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read on another forum that the Arlington plant is closing for up to 2 months due to window actuator shortag
Don't believe that at all, GM would do everything and anything to keep that plant open. The products from that plant is what is paying for almost everything GM is doing in regards to their EV's

done-it-again

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What happened??? This will be my luck. I am waiting on an ultimate that is supped to come in 9/27 and I've been told that it's "in transit" but I was also told that back when it was built in July. I also put a deposit on a navigator that's supposed to be coming on 9/23 because I'm so sick of waiting

Said both bumpers damaged and door damage. So they rejected the delivery. Not sure how that works for them, but it sucks for them as they only have 2 Yukons on the lot and they lose this sale. Need a SUV for 179 tax deduction before the end of the year. It’s not looking good with how long everyone has been waiting.

Maybe this is a sign as I hated our 08’ Tahoe when we had it.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it was actually damaged, or they got an offer they couldn't refuse? Did you get a VIN number for it? Sometimes you can trace that through the BMV or other sources to check on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO

Latest posts