Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

done-it-again

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wonder if it was actually damaged, or they got an offer they couldn't refuse? Did you get a VIN number for it? Sometimes you can trace that through the BMV or other sources to check on it.

Yes, I have the vin and the complete build sheet for that matter. They are a local dealer to me and sell GMC at MSRP, but are 20k premium on Escalade’s.

So I don’t think they would do that, but you never know.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have the vin and the complete build sheet for that matter. They are a local dealer to me and sell GMC at MSRP, but are 20k premium on Escalade’s.

So I don’t think they would do that, but you never know.

Maybe ask them to drop the markup on Escalade for your troubles with the Ultimate?

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read on another forum that the Arlington plant is closing for up to 2 months due to window actuator shortage.

Nothing there that would prevent them from doing what they've been doing, building them without components and letting them rot in Midlothian until the actuators come in. Unless its the actual window motor frame that on shortage.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking lessons from "Big Oil" maybe? Create artificial shortages to drive up prices, or demand in this case?

done-it-again

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe ask them to drop the markup on Escalade for your troubles with the Ultimate?
I’ve thought about it. They have 2 white esv’s sticker at 118 and 120. Crazy part is they sell them with the markup, so I can’t blame them. I just won’t pay for the premium. If we get closer to year end and I have nothing, then I’ll pull the card.

There is a ultimate in OK that has a diesel and I should hear about the delivery status today.

marvcus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m starting to come to the conclusion to wait it out until (1) folks start selling lightly used after they get tired of enough $1,000+/mo payments or (2) recession is in full swing and betting my chips that the majority of folks stop paying MSRP and over. Once the latter happens, it will be pre-2020 biz, as usual.

For that kind of scratch you should get all the options you want

RVAHokie

Reaction score
I’m starting to come to the conclusion to wait it out until (1) folks start selling lightly used after they get tired of enough $1,000+/mo payments or (2) recession is in full swing and betting my chips that the majority of folks stop paying MSRP and over. Once the latter happens, it will be pre-2020 biz, as usual.

Issue is that could be 3 months or 3 years. For those that need a vehicle sooner they will continue to buy

OP
OP
C

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my weekly update. My dealer let me know earlier today that my ETA has been updated to 10/5 which is 3 weeks earlier than before. They also said it was in missouri heading towards fort wayne. starting to get excited now.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm waiting it out. I'm hoping the economy tanks so we can get a proper reset.
Issue is that could be 3 months or 3 years. For those that need a vehicle sooner they will continue to buy
It's not going to be 3 months to get to pre-2020 biz. But depending on how quickly the economy declines, we could be back to pre-2020 biz by 2024 and 2025.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting it out. I'm hoping the economy tanks so we can get a proper reset.
If the economy tanks hard, that means real hardship for some families, i.e. lost jobs, etc. So I'm not sure I am hoping for that. But I know what you are saying, a correction is definitely needed so I hope it is on the softer side versus the harder side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap