Tinted front windows + windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
image_zpsba51dec8.jpg
My old truck had 5% on the back five windows and 30% on the windshield I owned that truck for around 5yrs. Had them tinted like that the whole time and got pulled over a few times and nothing was ever said about my windows and that was in 2 different states. I will say every time I was pulled over I rolled down all the windows to make it seems lighter in the truck

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
image_zpsba51dec8.jpg
My old truck had 5% on the back five windows and 30% on the windshield I owned that truck for around 5yrs. Had them tinted like that the whole time and got pulled over a few times and nothing was ever said about my windows and that was in 2 different states. I will say every time I was pulled over I rolled down all the windows to make it seems lighter in the truck

That's a good idea about rolling down the windows but what if you got pulled over at night lol

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's your first time tinting your windshield go 50 percent. And 25 or 35 in the front. If you go 25 with the 50 people won't be able to see inside.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

je8unamu.jpg

Lower half of my windshield is 50 percent this was a sunny day out.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
If it's your first time tinting your windshield go 50 percent. And 25 or 35 in the front. If you go 25 with the 50 people won't be able to see inside.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

je8unamu.jpg

Lower half of my windshield is 50 percent this was a sunny day out.

That's 50% on the windshield and 25% on the front two? That looks good

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 5% all the way around my Denali, with no windshield tint and its dark as hell.
My old 4runner was 5% all around and 35% windshield and it was way too dark. coudln't see shit at night.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
I have 5% all the way around my Denali, with no windshield tint and its dark as hell.
My old 4runner was 5% all around and 35% windshield and it was way too dark. coudln't see shit at night.

you couldn't see through the windshield or door windows?

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you couldn't see through the windshield or door windows?

It was very limited.

Having that much tint? yes.
5% on every window makes the cabin pretty dark, obviously worse at night, but atleast I have a clear windshield.
When I added the 35% sheet to the entire windshield on the old car, it was nice and cozy during the day, but at night it was too much.

to answer your question having 5% all the way around makes it hard enough to see out the sides at night, but combined with the 35% tinting to the whole windshield? yeah it sucked. Looked cool, but wasnt worth the decreased visibility, nor the unwanted attention from the city police.

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its all about location for getting pulled over. I had an impala for about 8 years with platinum plus and a layer of limo behind that (like sitting in a cave)...lived in Tx,La,Ms, and Fl never got pulled once. When I moved to SoCal I got pulled Soooo much I ended up ripping it all off:(

Now that I'm back down south I'll step my game up again :)

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go for the 50% on windshield and 35% on the doors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555