Tinted front windows + windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey man you're from the 707......Eureka is my favorite city in the world!!

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
Its all about location for getting pulled over. I had an impala for about 8 years with platinum plus and a layer of limo behind that (like sitting in a cave)...lived in Tx,La,Ms, and Fl never got pulled once. When I moved to SoCal I got pulled Soooo much I ended up ripping it all off:(

Now that I'm back down south I'll step my game up again :)
I agree with that. All about location.
In PG County, outside of DC, they do tint stops like speed traps. Last time time I got pulled over in that Altima, thats what the cop was out doing, just tint stops. I asked the guy and he said you'd be suprised what they find on these stops. He said one guy had a gun and an outstanding warrant. All on a tint stop. When I lived in Baltimore i never got pulled over for tint..but I used to get the no front tag tickets.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I live in VA and they are hell on tint!!! My old white accord had 50% shield, 30% doors, and 10% rears. They hated me so bad I estimate being pulled over 50 times in 8 years I owned the car. My yukon has 35% on the shield and 20% on the front doors with factory rears. I prefer 50% on the shield cus 35% is too dark for nights to me even with custom HID projectors. But either is fine and 20% on doors is much better than 35%!

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I use to run 35% Light transmission on my fronts with no problem, but had some bad luck in NYC so I pulled it off and now have 70% Light transmission on the fronts. On a sunny day, looks like I have no tint at all :thumbsdown:

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any texas peeps that have tint on the windshield? How did you do it with the stickers that have to go on the windshield?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555