Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the pcm flashed for the fans?

I did it myself with HP Tuners. I found a stock 2005 tune and used the "compare tunes" feature to see all the differences and then made them. I was intimidated by putting the two pins into the ecu harness but it wasn't that bad. If you have HP Tuners I can do the tune changes for you.

With a stock harness blue wire goes to the green connector on pin 33, blue wire goes to green connector, pin 42. I used a needle to punch through the hole insert and I had to take off the transparent colored covers.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I did it myself with HP Tuners. I found a stock 2005 tune and used the "compare tunes" feature to see all the differences and then made them. I was intimidated by putting the two pins into the ecu harness but it wasn't that bad. If you have HP Tuners I can do the tune changes for you.

With a stock harness blue wire goes to the green connector on pin 33, blue wire goes to green connector, pin 42. I used a needle to punch through the hole insert and I had to take off the transparent colored covers.
Unfortunately I don't have HP Tuners, I have to get a tuner to do it for me. I already have the harness from ScottyBoy and the fans themselves. Just gotta get it done.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Argh, I’d been wondering how this turned out. Then discovered I wasn’t getting notifications for the thread.

Good news it seems.
Same here!
Am just catching up on 6 pages reading as no notifications either.
Reading this job has been like all your mates standing around the job offering help. Good team effort. I know where I'll be looking if I end up having to do the same. :favorites37:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All done.
I had to get me an air hammer from HF.View attachment 352974
Literally took 2 mins and it was off! HALLELUJAH!!View attachment 352975View attachment 352976
Well worth whatever I paid for it. I also installed a new cv ds axle. Weird thing--the brake maintenance light went off, but the abs light is still on. I tried to clear the codes but they just kept coming back. Next step is to swap out the ps sensor--and take it from there.

Tony did you order that online or go to the store? Did that bit with the v-notch come with it or is that a separate item?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson

Latest posts