Too Lazy to Fix...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsDLF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My driver side mirror shakes at highway speed as well.

Small rattle inside pillar between driver front and rear door.. Becomes annoying once you listen for it.

Belt squeak during cold start. Been warm in Dallas lately so not much of a problem anymore

Regarding the rattle inside the "B" pillar, check the silver post that the door lock rests on. I spent about a year trying to stop that annoying rattle on my previous Tahoe and it was a $4 part. The metal center of that silver post attached to the B pillar felt solid but under pressure was loose and rattled like a mother trucker.

As far as the belt squeak, replace the main serp with a Goodyear Gatorback and the squeak will be gone.

Good luck.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Neo. Where you spray it bro?
I sprayed it on a napkin and rubbed it on the front and back side of the tow tracks on each front window. Then put the windows up and down about 10 times each and noise was completely gone.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Silicone does not last.
I used white lithium on my tracks a long time ago and they are yet to make noise again. Stuff last forever.

nothing around here last long. 1st snow and salting its back again. I tried the Lit grease and it only works as long as the silicone spray. Grease i find tends to attract more grease and dirt.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
nothing around here last long. 1st snow and salting its back again. I tried the Lit grease and it only works as long as the silicone spray. Grease i find tends to attract more grease and dirt.
That is true. I forgot that you were in an area with harsh winters. Maybe I am just lucky because I'm in Texas.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
That is true. I forgot that you were in an area with harsh winters. Maybe I am just lucky because I'm in Texas.

i figure you be the same as your probably have more dust particles in the air year round:hmmm2:

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Dammit. I cant put this off anymore. Today i been noticing Grinding noise from front left tire. Brake pedal felt as it was loosing stifness. Brake smell. At 1st thought, great caliper. Put it on the lift at work and Wow. Hub assembly. it had so much movement it was like Leaving the lug nuts loose. Since there was so much play, it would push in the caliper giving it a spongy air in the line feeling. Im going to take it to the dealer and hopefully its still under warranty. They got to replace the Rf axle seal that was replaced and still leaking anyways. This weekend i will install my moog ball joints. myself

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo Ian how many miles on your Tahoe? I had to replace my tie rods at around 84K. Replaced them with Moog also now the steering feels MUCH BETTER. I want to replace my front shocks also to see if it feels NEW again. Lol

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your troubles Ian.
Everyone else I'll have a write-up on the window issue late this week :)