Tow Hooks or Front Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, if I was starting this project from scratch, I think my first choice would be to investigate mounting a receiver. It might be more versatile.

joe

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble with pics...but here is one...you can see they are kinda recessed, but there is enuf room to get a tow hook into.

Joeltz

Reaction score
I would like to be prepared for winter ditch rescues with my Yukon XL SLT 4WD by creating a pull point on the front like my Silverado has.

Has anyone here put tow hooks on the front of their Yukon? Do they mount to the frame the same as a pickup?

Has anyone added a front receiver hitch?

How were your bumper covers modified to accommodate either one?

TIA
I installed a front hitch on my 2015 LTZ Not EZ because the Curt and drawtight hitches SIT Too LOW. I had to cut the extension off and bolt the square tube directly to the Frame and had to put wedges from the cut off to get perfect angle to come out in lower bumper cover . I put my boat in garage with it.. and between boat moving have a block off plat with “ Security light”
I would like to be prepared for winter ditch rescues with my Yukon XL SLT 4WD by creating a pull point on the front like my Silverado has.

Has anyone here put tow hooks on the front of their Yukon? Do they mount to the frame the same as a pickup?

Has anyone added a front receiver hitch?

How were your bumper covers modified to accommodate either one?

TIA
I put front hitch on my LTZ to move boat into garage ‘ had to modify front hitch kit to raise it … to come out in the Front bumper filler strip !

Attachments

• IMG_5864.png
    IMG_5864.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5863.png
    IMG_5863.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5865.png
    IMG_5865.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5861.png
    IMG_5861.png