Upgraded Rotors & Calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beelow

Reaction score
What do you guys think should be the average price I should pay for new rotors & calibers for my 08 Tahoe LT? I have 24s now and I've heard that I should upgrade before it starts pulling and/or wobbling when I try to stop. Is that correct? Any suggestions on price or type? Also, what's a good place to order them from?

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Are you planning on a full upgrade kit such as Wilwood or Baer replacing all components including calipers? Or just upgrading to different pads and/or rotors?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit up clkelley with Synthetic Motorsports (forum vendor) and he'll take care of you!! Very reasonable and a great product!!!

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you are only looking to upgrade the stock rotors and pads I highly recommend checking out R1Concepts performance brake parts. They are outstanding quality performance replacement parts and their cost is in most cases close to or better than regular stock replacement brake parts.

For the rotors, since you have such large rims, I recommend their "Premium Series" cross drilled and slotted rotors and Posi Quiet Ceramic pads. The Premium series rotors are the best quality rotors that R1Concepts offers while still being very affordable when compared to comparable products from other companies. The Posi Quiet pads are a low dust, low noise and "Pre-scorched" formula brake pad that will not leave your rims covered in brake dust all the time, will not leave you squealing all over the place and because they are pre-scorched they eliminate the need for a traditional "break-in" period.

When you are ready to replace your brakes, I also recommend fully flushing your power steering and brake fluid to complete the upgrade so that you know that you will receive the absolute best results possible from your new brake upgrade.

When you check out their catalog, click the link in my signature and put the parts you want into your shopping cart, once in the cart enter Promo Code "CK10" to receive the Synthetic Motorsports Forum Member 10% discount. You will also receive free shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states for any order over $99.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns or need anything at all.

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
Since you are only looking to upgrade the stock rotors and pads I highly recommend checking out R1Concepts performance brake parts. They are outstanding quality performance replacement parts and their cost is in most cases close to or better than regular stock replacement brake parts.

For the rotors, since you have such large rims, I recommend their "Premium Series" cross drilled and slotted rotors and Posi Quiet Ceramic pads. The Premium series rotors are the best quality rotors that R1Concepts offers while still being very affordable when compared to comparable products from other companies. The Posi Quiet pads are a low dust, low noise and "Pre-scorched" formula brake pad that will not leave your rims covered in brake dust all the time, will not leave you squealing all over the place and because they are pre-scorched they eliminate the need for a traditional "break-in" period.

When you are ready to replace your brakes, I also recommend fully flushing your power steering and brake fluid to complete the upgrade so that you know that you will receive the absolute best results possible from your new brake upgrade.

When you check out their catalog, click the link in my signature and put the parts you want into your shopping cart, once in the cart enter Promo Code "CK10" to receive the Synthetic Motorsports Forum Member 10% discount. You will also receive free shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states for any order over $99.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns or need anything at all.

This is exactly the type of feedback that I was looking for. I appreciate the help Kelley & 07Burb. I'll check them out and let you know how it turns out. Any additional input is welcome too! Thanks fellas!

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt do a thing till you start to have issues....I must admit I am only getting into the "car game" for the first time since probably 9/11. I had 24's when then they first came out I am talking mid 1990's and while trucks dont stop like they do with stock rims they stop fine. I had 22's on my 2000 Escalade and that was scary but thats only because they have drums in the rear. These newer trucks are pretty decent! Dont get me wrong unless you are racing from light to light you are ok for now. Once they start rather if they start to squeek and if and when you warp the rotors then you should spend the cash on new rotors/pads.

I just bought my truck and have to admit this 6.2 liter has me feeling like a teenager again and I went with Centric Powerslot Slotted rotors and Hawk LTS pads front and rear and cannot be any happier.

The cheapest I found was amazing savings auto parts. If I had to do it again probabaly would go with the Centric Cryo Powerslots as there only 10-15 bucks more. JMO

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they certainly dont stop on a dime with big heavy 22s. I thought I never had a problem with my braking but I had never gone 75 to 0 with all my body weight on the brake til saturday. I thought I was never going stop I had to swerve to my left lane to avoid hitting a damn mazda and I was about 100plus feet away when I started braking. Scary stuff if you ask me. Time to upgrade IMO.

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
Well they certainly dont stop on a dime with big heavy 22s. I thought I never had a problem with my braking but I had never gone 75 to 0 with all my body weight on the brake til saturday. I thought I was never going stop I had to swerve to my left lane to avoid hitting a damn mazda and I was about 100plus feet away when I started braking. Scary stuff if you ask me. Time to upgrade IMO.

How did the truck swerve? Trying to get an idea since I haven't had to experience slamming on brakes and swerving. Do the ABS brakes allow your to steer fine while hard braking? Or does it just kinda skid in that direction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate