Used Yukon XL Denali advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fartheralong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm gearing up to buy a used Yukon XL Denali and I'm worried about the 6.2 issues. Is there anything i should be looking for, maybe something about the vehicle history that should guide my decision making?

I was looking at lower mileage examples, then thought maybe a high-mileage proves that it's reliable, but at this point I don't know.

Part of the challenge is that I'm exporting it to be used as a work vehicle. There's a GM dealership here but I'm guessing exporting the truck voids the warranty, as with many other brands.

I'm trying to swing for a new one but it might be a little too out of budget.

Appreciate any input!

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought a used 2021 Yukon Denali 6.2 with 49K miles on it from Hertz - e.g. likely had all maint done. Driven a year and 5,000 miles so far with no issues. Maybe if it has a good history and has significant miles it's a good omen that the lifter issues are not a big concern? We're certainly hoping so :)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

I would suggest staying away from the 8 speed transmission, which was standard in the 2015-2020 models (may be off by a year or two).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtisleefarmer