VCIM Swap for Bluetooth Capability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rockytfox

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on a 2010 VCIM 20829984. I don't think I'll need the splitter since it's a 2010 VCIM (just 2011+ VCIM's need the splitter??). Anyway, I'll post here once I have an update for ya!

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also done this mod. I have a 2007 tahoe with the bose system with out navigation. I upgraded the radio to a Rosen with rear view camera and navigation. I later on did the upgrade with a 2010 vcim with no dealer visit.
I ordered the part from car-part.com part # 20829984. What your going to need to do is look up
chasis control computer then look for
communication -onstar with voice recognition.
This is what I did, when I got the unit i removed the old unit and installed the new one called onstar and updated my info onstar thinks I own a 2010 but it did not bother me. All the features work including remote link which stars your car open and close doors and informs you of how much gas u have etc. I hope this helps you out and good luck.

Thanks Brooklyn hoe for the part number I saw someone else on the forum did the 2010 VCIM swap but I didnt know the part number. For anyone that wants the remote link and Bluetooth to work you have to get a 2010 because its is the last year that uses the same factory harness as the 2007-2009 VCIM.

OP
OP
Rockytfox

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where are people buying these vcims? I have had two orders cancelled now referring me to my local dealership which supposedly cannot order unless mine is defective.

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So where are people buying these vcims? I have had two orders cancelled now referring me to my local dealership which supposedly cannot order unless mine is defective.

ebay or junkyards orrrr car-parts.com like stated above

looks like car-part.com has one from a 2010 silverado for $150,,,thats cheap, someone grab it,,but make sure they send the bluetooth antenna also

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rockytfox

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ebay or junkyards orrrr car-parts.com like stated above

looks like car-part.com has one from a 2010 silverado for $150,,,thats cheap, someone grab it,,but make sure they send the bluetooth antenna also

Is the bluetooth antenna the same thing as the antenna on the roof or is it a separate antenna attached directly to the VCIM?

OP
OP
Rockytfox

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bo, thanks so much for your help. The VCIM I found did not have the bluetooth antenna (pictured above) but I was able to find one online for $20 through ebay and Amazon. I appreciate your help and will update here once I've received the parts.

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased a 2010 Silverado VCIM

Do any of you have instruction on how to install/remove? My VCIM died on my 2007 Tahoe and I found a used 2010 Silverado VCIM and need to know how to install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skunkltz