VCIM Swap for Bluetooth Capability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have instruction on how to install/remove? My VCIM died on my 2007 Tahoe and I found a used 2010 Silverado VCIM and need to know how to install.

You have to remove the navigation, it's behind there. It takes some time to take the vcim out, has two clips, one on each side. Then direct swap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

paulpalant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is there any way to connect an i phone via usb or other means to a 2005 tahoe stereo with cd it shows aux on the front panel but no place i can see to plug an aux in

paulpalant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is there any way to connect an i phone directly to a 2005 chevy tahoe stereo. the control panel shows an aux switch but i do not see where it can be connected we just want to use it as a mp3

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9ezeqaja.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

I have access to all of the features as if I had a 2010 Tahoe

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to pay for onstar for that to work right?

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You grab a '10 unit that is basically PNP? I want to do this but I ready have an iSimple installed from PAC that gives me Bluetooth and iPhone/USB integration. It's just the add-on Bluetooth mic as always isn't great. Id really like to use the oem built in mic. I'm wondering if I can still use this unit along with a new vcim with factory Bluetooth since there would essentially be two Bluetooth units at that point.

How much do you have to pay monthly for the app to work now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Forgot - I've got an 08 hybrid tahoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They gave me the 3 months free and then I get the regular price of the $14.95 a month. They gave me a special price.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

pepa3aje.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Its is pnp and fits same spot. Got it from car parts.com make sure to get the LG model.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

If its Motorola it's the older one if I remember correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skunkltz