Vette Servos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing people post about Vette Servos on there performance mods. What are these and what is the benefit of them?

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can vary according to the transmission. The servo's main job is to help control the application of bands to the clutches, mostly for higher gears such as 3rd or overdrive (4th gear). It is a spring loaded assembly that applies a band based on the fluid line pressure. A faulty servo can usually cause harsh upshifts/downshifts for the higher gear ranges.

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so since no one has really answered the question the OP is asking...

The Vette servo applies the band faster and makes the shifts firmer and gives you more of a kick in the seat when shifting.

Awakened

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so since no one has really answered the question the OP is asking...

The Vette servo applies the band faster and makes the shifts firmer and gives you more of a kick in the seat when shifting.

Definitely a improvement over stock servo. Even better after my tune!

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
It's like $25 shipped new. Oregon transmissions is where everyone usually gets it. Make sure you get the one without the longer pin cause you don't need it

Awakened

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's like $25 shipped new. Oregon transmissions is where everyone usually gets it. Make sure you get the one without the longer pin cause you don't need it

That is where I got mine, good price from them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VasVic

Latest posts