Volant Tips on Ebay for $50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics installed. Swung by my exhaust shop on the way to work and paid for the guys lunch and he knocked it out quick. Like I stated before i thinkthe fact that I have a hybrid rear bumper made my install a little less than "slip-on". He did have to heat the hanger that comes on the pipe in order to bend it to fit through the factory hanger and it's not quite perfect. It is nice and tight though with no wiggling.

Attachments

• IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 56

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics installed. Swung by my exhaust shop on the way to work and paid for the guys lunch and he knocked it out quick. Like I stated before i thinkthe fact that I have a hybrid rear bumper made my install a little less than "slip-on". He did have to heat the hanger that comes on the pipe in order to bend it to fit through the factory hanger and it's not quite perfect. It is nice and tight though with no wiggling.

Came out perfect! I can't wait until mine come in!

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's nice to have guys look out for you like that, I have 2 places I can go to but if the price isn't right i'll shop around.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

it just arrived.

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure is nice. This exhaust guy has always taken care of me. I never even really done anything real pricey through him but he'll still drop what he's got and fit me in if he can. Was pulling the boat to the lake and noticed a leaf spring mount cracking on my trailer. Swung by there and he took care of it right then.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he would have gotten a six pack for that. I just noticed on the box it says years 07-08, would it fit a 2011?

Well the piping for all 5.3L gmt900 vehicles are the same so yea it should fit just fine. I had it on my 08 but unless you got an 09 Tahoe 6.2L which is a rare gem, then you should be good to go.

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Man that looks sweet! Did the sound change at all? I really am not concerned with the sound as much as the look and it looks nice!

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

it's nice to have guys look out for you like that, I have 2 places I can go to but if the price isn't right i'll shop around.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

it just arrived.

What kind of pricing did you get for the install?

mikey42_69

Reaction score
So this will not fit a 6.2 2011 because of the size of the pipe is 3.5 in my truck right?

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't change the sound too much but I had already cut off my resonator. I still really like it. Looks so much better in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313