What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I was just curious because there is another thread about how much lift the Z71 coils give you over stock and I thought it was only about 1/2"... Good to hear though!

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that's it. They are longer uncompressed but the reason for that is for payload not for height. Here's my ride in the sig wit the lift finished out with the springs. I'm sitting at 39" in the front and 39 1/2 in the rear with 2" keys and 2" spacers.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was me asking about the Z71 springs in the other thread. i think ill get them for the pay load. i travel alot with another couple and the women's stupidly heavy luggage. that will probably help smooth out the ride. i already have bilstein HDs with the bilstein rear springs. rides awesome when its just me and my woman.

how do you like the way the pro comp 9000s ride? you pretty much ahve the exact setup i want with the air lift bags and all. wondering is the 5100s are worth another $3-400 in shocks.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picking these up on Saturday from LMC and installing on my Burb. Late Merry Christmas to me.

Emblems.jpg

Grill.jpg

Next up, lowering the rear 2"......

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the 9000's , but ppl swear by the bilstein's and in some other forums ppl swear by pro comp. It's really personal preference. I don't like adding more parts than required and shock extenders just don't sit well with me so I went with the 9000's. They are actually supposed to be a better shock. But I really can't tell you that from experience cause I haven't had the bilstein's. But I really don't see the justification of spending that much on those shocks. When I'm going to put that kind of money into a shock I will purchase FOX Shocks. You can get a set for round 500. whats a hundred bucks for 1000X's the Shock.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
just installed bilsteins w/ shock extenders... I will give my opinion shortly... I know I am lowered, but with the shock extenders, I should experience the same range of motion (kinda)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just installed bilsteins w/ shock extenders... I will give my opinion shortly... I know I am lowered, but with the shock extenders, I should experience the same range of motion (kinda)

:waytogo: I like it! BTW, what size wheels/tires are you running. the set up in your sig looks pretty beefy. I like the lip on the wheel plus the amount of sidewall you've got on the tires :)

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that's the one. I have them up front. The rear I went with monroe coilovers. I got them from strutmasters. The only reason I have them back there is because I had to convert my truck from Autoride w/ the auto leveling. They are awesome though!!

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
:waytogo: I like it! BTW, what size wheels/tires are you running. the set up in your sig looks pretty beefy. I like the lip on the wheel plus the amount of sidewall you've got on the tires :)

I am running 305/50/20's on 20 x 11 (I think they are 11, could be 10.5) and I am not 100% sure on the offset, I will pull a few measurements when I do the front spindles and shocks, probably next monday, possibly tomorrow.

The tire/wheel combo sets off pretty nice on the drop I have. They are tubbed out quite a bit, if I did not have the fender flares, the wheels would be sticking out past the fenders by quite a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts