What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Clean looking Tahoe there. Don't see that color too often. Nice choice with the 2015 OEMs.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the front rotors and brake pads to pair up with the calipers I already bought to finally get what I needed to do my '07+ front brake upgrade today! Might get it done next week, we shall see!
Also got new spark plugs since I realized I have close to 80,000 miles on what I have now!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_4775.JPG IMG_4770.JPG IMG_4772.JPG Installed the catchcan I finally got around to ordering as well as a new "black chrome" exhaust tip to replace my stock Denali one. The color goes good with my wheels.

IMG_4770.JPG

IMG_4772.JPG

IMG_4769.JPG

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the front rotors and brake pads to pair up with the calipers I already bought to finally get what I needed to do my '07+ front brake upgrade today! Might get it done next week, we shall see!
Also got new spark plugs since I realized I have close to 80,000 miles on what I have now!

Be interested in your report after upgrading to the 07+ brake package.

Want to know if it really is quite a difference in stopping power vs the OEM NBS brake set up.

I did a nice Powerstop upgraded rotors and pads, but still doesn't seem to bite enough for the big girl and the Wilwoods that went quickly on here the other day were just too much.

@Rivieraracing

View attachment 60071 View attachment 60068 View attachment 60069 Installed the catchcan I finally got around to ordering as well as a new "black chrome" exhaust tip to replace my stock Denali one. The color goes good with my wheels.

View attachment 60068

View attachment 60069

View attachment 60072

Catch can and that new tip looks real good. Nice upgrades.

MinnYukon

Reaction score
I installed dorman steering wheel control for the volume/seek. Paint was worn away. Simple removal and install.

3mm & 5mm blue led's and resistors arrived today. I plan to do led's in all the steering wheel controls, and eventually do the cluster hvac, etc. Ordered off EBay.

Scored a set of white Esky vent caps off EBay for $120. Arrived today in excellent condition. Haven't decided if I'm going to try and color match myself or have a shop do it. I painted a duck boat mud motor last year and it came out pretty good. A local auto body supply store mixed the paint and put it in an aerosol can that was good for 24 hours. The hardener and gloss were mixed together in the can. I'll have to search on here and figure out what's best.

Today I ordered leather seat cover to replace my worn/tore driver seat bottom. $159 on eBay. Need to tear seat out as heated seat controls don't work. I got both the top and bottom seat pads off Amazon to replace whichever is burnt out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be interested in your report after upgrading to the 07+ brake package.

Want to know if it really is quite a difference in stopping power vs the OEM NBS brake set up.

Hydroboost made a HUGE improvement in braking and pedal feel. I'm still looking into the 07+ upgrade as well though. Of course I didn't see that was an option until after I got all new SS lines, rotors, and calipers and hawk pads shortly after purchasing the truck.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man I hear you. I have Hydroboost on the 06 and maybe should have just stepped up a bit more for the 07. Might consider it still because the truck still likes to run even with the newly upgraded rotors and pads.

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's by far the best thing I've done to the truck so far! Don't know why all suburban and tahoes didn't come with it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This morning I decided to tackle a dreaded project- replacing the recirc door actuator. That's the one that's way way up inside the dash on the passenger side. It had been randomly squealing loudly from time to time. I almost gave up a couple of times, afraid if I kept going I'd never get things back together. Man that thing is buried. I had removed the dash top and all the fasteners holding the ductwork in place but could barely even see the actuator. Finally I used a 2' tire iron and some blocks of wood to pry the duct up and prop it so I could fit a hand in there and got the screws removed and unplugged it. Putting the new one in was even harder. 2 hours total so it was worth it; I've heard horror stories about how much shops charge for this. Cost me $54 and I didn't even bleed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayRay86