What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I got a new windshield recently, today I got it tinted. Went with formula 1 ceramic 50%. Visibility seems the same. The picture shows the contrast of my 15% front windows and the outside world to the windshield. No good pictures of the outside because it still has to cure for a few days and it looks streaky right now.
9ea37e0dad877d6fa53b155837ac1136.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires on the new Yukon XL were dry rotted. Had a flat tire day before last, had to have it towed to put the spare on, the cable holding the spare wouldn't release, and they had to cut it off. No more spare, oh well.

Took the shoes off the 'Burban and put them on the Yukon XL....big improvement! 16x8 wheels, 1 1/4" less backseat than stock, and 1 1/2" spacers in the rear. IMG_20160901_094611004.jpg IMG_20160901_094625658.jpg IMG_20160902_091904832.jpg IMG_20160902_091938027.jpg

Body lift came yesterday. Keys should arrive today. Waiting until the warranty is up, then they are going on. Shoukd be close to 6" higher when I'm done, before 315/75/16s go on, and another inch.

Last edited:

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Tires on the new Yukon XL were dry rotted. Had a flat tire day before last, had to have it towed to put the spare on, the cable holding the spare wouldn't release, and they had to cut it off. No more spare, oh well.

Took the shoes off the 'Burban and put them on the Yukon XL....big improvement! 16x8 wheels, 1 1/4" less backseat than stock, and 1 1/2" spacers in the rear. View attachment 66217 View attachment 66218 View attachment 66219 View attachment 66220

Body lift came yesterday. Keys should arrive today. Waiting until the warranty is up, then they are going on. Shoukd be close to 6" higher when I'm done, before 315/75/16s go on, and another inch.

Why do you want only the back tires to stick out with an offset? Looks kinda funny. I like it when the front and back stick out alittle.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is call an air mix door actuator. Depending on which climate control you have the actuator is different. Mine has the automatic(the one with the 2 knobs and display) and there is the manual(has the 2 sliders).

The actuator is under the hvac cover on passenger side, almost behind the console if yours has one. Has two 5.5mm bolts holding it in. Just unplug the actuator, pull the bolts out and pull it straight down. The service manual (alldata) says to pull the console. It can be done without though. The system will require calibration with either a scan tool or you can calibrate it by leaving the battery disconnected until you have it back together. Start car and turn on the climate control, DO NOT touch any controls except for turning on the unit. It will cycle through all the settings and relearn the door positions. After about 30-45 seconds it should be learned and ready to go.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks brother!

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you want only the back tires to stick out with an offset? Looks kinda funny. I like it when the front and back stick out alittle.

When the BL and keys go on, I have some 2 1/2" spacers for the rear, the 1 1/2" ones will be on the front. As it is, I'm rubbing a little bit at full lock, I don't quite have I don't quite have enough clearance even with cranking the stock Keys up as far as they will go.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I got a new windshield recently, today I got it tinted. Went with formula 1 ceramic 50%. Visibility seems the same. The picture shows the contrast of my 15% front windows and the outside world to the windshield. No good pictures of the outside because it still has to cure for a few days and it looks streaky right now.
9ea37e0dad877d6fa53b155837ac1136.jpg

Hey where'd you get that done? And are you concerned with Oregon's laws about tinting windshields? I know it's not legal here, and I don't recall anyone that I've seen with it done. I would like to see an outside pic for sure.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey where'd you get that done? And are you concerned with Oregon's laws about tinting windshields? I know it's not legal here, and I don't recall anyone that I've seen with it done. I would like to see an outside pic for sure.
I got it done at ultimate window tinting in Vancouver. They are the only formula 1 installer around. They say the do windshields all the time and 50% is common.

As for laws, I'm not too worried about it. The only concern is my license plate's on my dash and I don't know if it will interfere when's Leo's radar me. It's noticeable but it's not blacked out. You can still see the dash and steering wheel.

I'll get a picture when the rain stops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erlin