What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, now I have a question for anyone that's done this: I used 3/8 fuel line , which fits great, while running I hear it sucking vacuum now and it collapses , maybe 1/2 the diameter of the line. Is this normal? I noticed the stock line to the pcv is a hard line. Just took it for a ride around the block and it runs normal, floored it and it went great .I was thinking of maybe modding the stock hard line to work with the catch can , or should I just leave it as is? Any input is greatly appreciated.
I used that line too and I don't hear a sucking sound and my hose doesn't collapse at all. I don't think that's right. The rubber hose should work fine though. I'm not sure what's going on there, maybe a restriction.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Never had an issue before. Never heard anything before it was swapped today. Think there might be an obstruction in the new hose ? While running with the catch can I pulled each hose out one at a time then both at the same time and each was pulling vacuum with no problem. I plugged each one with my finger , one at a time and it wanted to stall .No driveability issue going around the block. Would it throw a code if something wasn't right ?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never had an issue before. Never heard anything before it was swapped today. Think there might be an obstruction in the new hose ? While running with the catch can I pulled each hose out one at a time then both at the same time and each was pulling vacuum with no problem. I plugged each one with my finger , one at a time and it wanted to stall .No driveability issue going around the block. Would it throw a code if something wasn't right ?
Not sure about a code. Did you check the catch can to see if it's restricted? You might try removing it from the picture and see if the hose still collapses. ( Attach hose to hose).

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Didn't check if there was a restriction in the can itself. I was going to put the hose ends together to see if it still collapsed but didn't. Have to do it tomorrow. I guess if it doesn't collapse and I don't hear sucking it has to be the can?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't check if there was a restriction in the can itself. I was going to put the hose ends together to see if it still collapsed but didn't. Have to do it tomorrow. I guess if it doesn't collapse and I don't hear sucking it has to be the can?
Yep.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I pulled both hoses from the can this morning and put them together, rubber hoses are still being sucked 3/4 of the way closed .Maybe that's why GN chose to use a hard line there? There's no restrictions in the hose, and I'm using a new pcv.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled both hoses from the can this morning and put them together, rubber hoses are still being sucked 3/4 of the way closed .Maybe that's why GN chose to use a hard line there? There's no restrictions in the hose, and I'm using a new pcv.
I don't think there should be that much suction there but I'm no expert. And did you say you have suction from both directions? That can't be right either. You might read the thread on catch cans and post a question there. I still say something's not right. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/get-a-catch-can-before-any-mods.49716/page-45#post-1015612

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925