What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced spark plugs and wires over the weekend. Installed NGK 7397 and Taylor Thundervolt 50s. The Taylor wires are thick, lots of silicone and they seem very well made. I have to say, getting the old plug wires off the spark plugs was the hardest part, they were stubborn.

Stock wire on the left, Taylor Thundervolt 50 on the right.

View attachment 67475

Those look great, the 6.0 has two length spark plug wires depending on the coil style I think the 5.3 is the same way, these fit pretty good tho? They only list one for the 6.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those look great, the 6.0 has two length spark plug wires depending on the coil style I think the 5.3 is the same way, these fit pretty good tho? They only list one for the 6.0

My 6.0 has the square coils and the wires fit nicely. One could argue that #8 wire is a tad too long but its of no real concern, honestly. All the other wires fit great.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6.0 has the square coils and the wires fit nicely. One could argue that #8 wire is a tad too long but its of no real concern, honestly. All the other wires fit great.

That's good to hear, I usually try to stick with AC Delco parts but these look a lot better then the OEM wires

tbisaacs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced spark plugs and wires over the weekend. Installed NGK 7397 and Taylor Thundervolt 50s. The Taylor wires are thick, lots of silicone and they seem very well made. I have to say, getting the old plug wires off the spark plugs was the hardest part, they were stubborn.

Stock wire on the left, Taylor Thundervolt 50 on the right.

View attachment 67475

Any advice for getting that #8 plug out?

06LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I found this video on Youtube pretty helpful. The socket combination he used worked well for me. The hardest part was getting the wire off the plug. I used some long needle nose pliers and leveraged off of the exhaust manifold runner to pop it off.

Here's the link to the video:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SK makes a 1" extension that works perfect when attached to a spark plug socket. No swivel needed, just a ratchet. This makes it a breeze and is perfect for a couple of the other difficult ones. I found mine on EBay.

IMG_5760.JPG

IMG_5761.JPG

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SK makes a 1" extension that works perfect when attached to a spark plug socket. No swivel needed, just a ratchet. This makes it a breeze and is perfect for a couple of the other difficult ones. I found mine on EBay

Yes. I got a 1.5" Craftsman extension from the local Sears and #8 came out easier than I could have imagined. (Had two ls1 f-bodies years ago.) #8 wire was a PITA, but I think #1 was the most difficult. Ended up breaking the temp sensor clip when I took it off to get at #1.

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the driver side armrest, driver side bottom seat cover, new ignition coil packs, fuel filter, and attempted to change the right front speed sensor. The lugs have been removed so many times that they're round, and I can't break them loose. I guess that means new wheels are coming soon.

I also have an appointment with the dealer to see if reprogramming the seat module fixes my seat not working.

Chevyboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went from this image.jpeg
To this image.jpeg
To this image.jpeg

I recovered my truck a month after it was stolen and as you can see there wasn't much left. I spent several weeks looking for a replacement but I just couldn't find the right one. I finally decided to buy a new pick up truck instead. Yes it's a new truck and it's nice and everything but I still miss my Tahoe.
I'm still looking for one to start a new project...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925