What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you? I just got my keys today, and I'm sure they are just as rusted as yours were.

I have my Bosch SDS Max hammer drill on standby to knock those bars out of place, if needed.

I did it in the gravel driveway. All told, including taking a few drives to let the suspension settle, and readjusting after each drive. maybe took me 2 1/2 hrs. I hit it with WD40 twice about an hour before trying to pull everything apart. And I had a Handy Dandy MAPP gas torch at the ready (I'm a Conractor!) - in this case, HEAT was much, much more of a friend than the WD40 was!!! The Goodyear shop that put the keys in my Suburban spent almost 2 hours trying to get the bars to let loose, and that was with a lift, and being able to take a full swing at the keys to knock them loose.

My Yukon XL came from Vermont, where they apparently don't salt their roads, only using sand in the winter. If my 'Kon were from Upstate NY.... it'd be more rust than metal, ifyaknowwhatI'msayin......

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Fleece Performance hi mod chip.
dcfc493d8f9e208374c6508e7a1d0275.jpg
808d0d0b9e80c02a51f5db7dc848e94f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yea I'm not really feelin it either. But hey it was an hour and $20. Easy undo.

At least you gave it a shot. I've seen similar lights put under the door sills, above the running boards , and also under the running boards .Maybe something to ponder.

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you gave it a shot. I've seen similar lights put under the door sills, above the running boards , and also under the running boards .Maybe something to ponder.
That's exactly why I don't like it. Starting to get that 17 yr old loose in the stick on chrome isle.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you? I just got my keys today, and I'm sure they are just as rusted as yours were.

I have my Bosch SDS Max hammer drill on standby to knock those bars out of place, if needed.

Mmm sds max....need one for core drilling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52