What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered my moog problem solver upper control arms today
next week tie rods
week after that Maxtrac 2" coils

getting ready to throw the spindles and all the rest of this ^^^ on by Thanksgiving.

can't wait to get a little more lift up under this truck
Are those moog UCAs longer than stock?

Sent from my Note 5

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those moog UCAs longer than stock?

Sent from my Note 5
I don't think so, but they offer up to 2 extra degrees of camber/caster. It seems they'll work for what I'm doing, I think Mrs z56 has the same ones.

If I need extra length I'm sure there's a fab shop that can make me some pretty strong drop brackets that would work.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put Ford leveling keys in my Yukon XL, got the front end up where it should be, currently at 39 1/4" fender height. Putting the Z71 springs and 2" spacers I took out of my totaled Suburban in over the weekend, should be just about the same height as the front. Gonna be a few weeks before I can put the Zone body lift in, I need a solid 8 hours free with no rain (doing it in the driveway, no garage to work in.

And that's right, FORD Leveling keys for a 97-2002 Expedition/F150. Not just a little bit indexed like Chevy leveling keys, nor a bit more like the stock Ford keys. These have about a 15-17* index compared to the stock keys I took out.

View attachment 67948

And a pic, as promised.

Thats a huge crank. (thats what she said?)

Wonder how itll ride indexed like that.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a huge crank. (thats what she said?)

Wonder how itll ride indexed like that.

Ride is very stiff (just did almost 150 miles on it today), but I've got them both cranked past where I need to be. Definitely going to drop it back down, get to 38 1/2" or so, just about level with the Z71 coils and 2" spacers (when I put them in). As of right now, lifting the front end up from the center cross support, the suspension only has about 1 1/2" of compression when I drop it down quickly (have a trolley jack, drops in half a turn of the handle) - need to soften the ride just a tad....

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ride is very stiff (just did almost 150 miles on it today), but I've got them both cranked past where I need to be. Definitely going to drop it back down, get to 38 1/2" or so, just about level with the Z71 coils and 2" spacers (when I put them in). As of right now, lifting the front end up from the center cross support, the suspension only has about 1 1/2" of compression when I drop it down quickly (have a trolley jack, drops in half a turn of the handle) - need to soften the ride just a tad....

I figured that might be the case. Your droop is likely limited pretty good, and You should take a good hard look @ the jounce stop as well. For the best ride it should be just barely in contact @ rest. Some people use square tubing to close the gap, or add an additional pancake bump stop to do the same thing.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So these happened this afternoon. Oem NNBS DENALI 20s, scored them off Craigslist just down at the base of the mountain from a wheel and tire shop. Can't believe im,gonna be going with 20s soon. I was so against them for so long I guess because of ride quality. I've seen a few nbs denalis with the newer 20s and I really like the look. So im,gonna try it out when I can get new tires.

00z0z_iBa8Rxnw1MP_1200x900.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100