What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Cleaned my truck up real nice. Replaced two bad wheel studs from the tards at the shop messing them up. I changed the oil and switched from Castrol High Mileage to Mobil 1 with filter. Scored a good deal at Autozone Mobil 1filter and 5.28 quart big bottle of Mobil 1 for $29.95 Dropped it off at the mechanics for the A/c and Water pump to get done. Oh and removed the Tahoe and Cheverolet from the back lift gate.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed and Cleaned it up For it to rain the rest of the week. :emotions122:

DSCF0790.gif

Stockfornow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
based on what you can find here, you can slap a 4" filter (K&N, etc., anything at your local parts store) right on the MAF where the airbox used to be. This is probably the easiest way to build an open element short ram intake. Pros: super easy, cheap, no water danger, sounds good at WOT, better throttle response. Cons: potentially sucks in warm air, so by itself isn't going to help your peak HP numbers or anything, if you get a filter that needs oil, it could kill your MAF, get a dryflow

A step further might be an ebay intake for around $100 that puts a silicon elbow on the throttle body and has a large diameter straight tube with MAF adapter. These are still usually SRI style, not CAI style into the fender, but they are a straight smooth, large diameter tube and replace the weird stock plastic baffling under the hood. Pros: better than a filter on the MAF, still cheap. Cons: warm air problem again, and if you go ebay, make sure the filter is legit, or it can mess you up.

Final and WORST option: take your wallet, shove it up nethers, crap out a bunch of money, and buy a name brand "intake" and have a "professional" install it. You can replicate/improve-upon pretty much any intake design for under $100 if you work smart.

IMHO the best solution is some sort of ebay/homebrew combo, perhaps ebay tubing with a good filter in the engine bay with some sort of heatsheild (I've heard mini-kegs work great . . .). I would never recommend paying the ridiculous ticket price for the major brand intake systems. A pipe is a pipe is a pipe I say, do it yourself!

Picked up a section of 3" straight PVC pipe, a 90 degree elbow, a 45 degree elbow and some couplers at Lowes. Under $40 dollars. Hopefully this will work!

Is the 3" too small?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleaned my truck up real nice. Replaced two bad wheel studs from the tards at the shop messing them up. I changed the oil and switched from Castrol High Mileage to Mobil 1 with filter. Scored a good deal at Autozone Mobil 1filter and 5.28 quart big bottle of Mobil 1 for $29.95 Dropped it off at the mechanics for the A/c and Water pump to get done. Oh and removed the Tahoe and Cheverolet from the back lift gate.

Cool man... you did put the 6th quart in, right? :)

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRc I used quite a bit of my 6th quart if not all. I cranked it and shut it off to fill the filter before I measured with the dipstick.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Capacity on these trucks is just a hair over 6 quarts iirc, I just use every bit of 6qt royal purple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts