What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your truck.
Thanks, I appreciate it! It has changed quite a bit since this picture (demolded, HD hood, LED tail lights, projector headlights, and I took the chrome inserts off of the rims and took the roof rack off.....oh, and lowered it more). I need to update it sometime soon I suppose.

Last edited:

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed amber LED DRLs. Not too bad for $3 off ebay.

Amber DRLs is where it's at. I did the conversion and I love it.

Thanks, I appreciate it! It has changed quite a bit since this picture (demolded, HD hood, LED tail lights, projector headlights, and I took the chrome inserts off of the rims and took the roof rack off.....oh, and lowered it more). I need to update it sometime soon I suppose.

Please do. I bet it looks even better.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
show some pics of that ss

Here she is. I sold her back in October and missed her ever since!

It had the LT1 350 bored .30 over, Trickflow 218/228 Cam and 21 degree trickflow heads, Edelbrock short-runner tunnel-ram intake with a BBK twin 58mm throttle body, Granatelli MAF, Trick flow CAI, Aeromotive 60psi fuel pressure regulator, BBK Headers with ORY, Magnaflow Cats and Spintech Sportsman Pro's on a true dual setup. Rear-end had 4.10:1 with a Eaton 30 spline posi and a built 4L60-E. I wanted to go with a T-56 conversion but started to loose interest in her and sold it to a friend for SCCA track use. I tried to keep her looking as stock as possible to be a complete sleeper :)

IMG_0512.gif

IMG_0509.gif

IMG_0508.gif

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buried the speedo...on a closed course.

I hate your guts! .........unless you provide pics, and more detals (I wouldn't mind seeing a thread on it, to be honest). Here's what I did with her so far today:

TheYukandMia.gif

Here she is. I sold her back in October and missed her ever since!

It had the LT1 350 bored .30 over, Trickflow 218/228 Cam and 21 degree trickflow heads, Edelbrock short-runner tunnel-ram intake with a BBK twin 58mm throttle body, Granatelli MAF, Trick flow CAI, Aeromotive 60psi fuel pressure regulator, BBK Headers with ORY, Magnaflow Cats and Spintech Sportsman Pro's on a true dual setup. Rear-end had 4.10:1 with a Eaton 30 spline posi and a built 4L60-E. I wanted to go with a T-56 conversion but started to loose interest in her and sold it to a friend for SCCA track use. I tried to keep her looking as stock as possible to be a complete sleeper :)

IMG_0512.gif

IMG_0509.gif

IMG_0508.gif

That mod list is impressive! I love the sleeper idea too! I bet you're kicking yourself for selling it, huh?

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
That mod list is impressive! I love the sleeper idea too! I bet you're kicking yourself for selling it, huh?

I miss her Everyday!

SO my sweet LED's arrived from Tahoewhat and installed them lastnight and got some better pics today :)

I think it changes the whole look in a great way!

81af6f8e.gif

c73948af.gif

e3a50ca4.gif

c2b06dab.gif

whitehoe01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just finished installing an excalibur 1830 alarm on my hoe. remote start and all...
http://www.amazon.com/Excalibur-AL-1830-EDPB-Security-Keyless-4-Button/dp/B0048NTJ6G

took about an hour and a half... i like it.
with the remote start all i have to do it get in the truck and put the key in the ignition to the 2nd notch and drive away. might want a louder siren though..

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Fedex dropped off my 3" spintech pro street muffler, getting installed after work
25844cde.gif
57218ea3.gif

how are they vs 40series? i want good tone, good flow but min drone...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40 series will give you a bit of drone so if you don't want drone you may wanna look elsewhere. I've had the 40 series mufflers on several trucks/SUVs in the past (I like them a LOT :)) but on all of them the muffler did produce drone within the vehicle. Never enough to bother me, though, but I'm one who kinda likes noise :D

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how are they vs 40series? i want good tone, good flow but min drone...

I replaced a 40 series with this spintech, in all honesty they sound exactly alike. I cant tell a difference. If i didnt watch it get swapped out i wouldnt think it got changed. It has a slight throatier sound when you get on it but apart from that I cant tell, it doesnt have that distictive sound I was hearing on all the youtube vids. Im hoping it may need to break in still. I do know this one should flow better than the 40 series so im hoping it might put me a foot in the right direction for getting my ****** milage back up.

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did nothing. Its cold and snowing here in Illinois. Derosa, I had a 95 SS back in the day. Loved blowing the doors of mustangs and imports. They thought cuz it was such a big car that it couldn't go.haha proved them wrong. Chip, thats what grass looks like, havent seen any since november.lol.By the way my mom in law lives in Clearwater. Been there a few times. Nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yukoniskillingme